• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me!! RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio low temperature BIOS flashing error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dykicer

I use NVFLASH 64 flash my GPU.
flash BIOS is complete. but EEPROM protection failed.
typing NVFLASH64 --protecton isn`t working
`
Setting EEPROM protection failed
programming error : Set EEPROM pretection fuction failed `

BIOS version up is complete. but, protection failed. Is it OK? help ME!!

Not sure why you would be flashing the 3090 in the first place but if it failed at protection while trying to flash the card should be OK unless you already wiped the first BIOS. Plug it in and find out. Hopefully you saved your original BIOS file

Call the manufacturer. I am guessing you are updating because of their lack of preparation when releasing these cards. Call them before you create a $1500 paperweight.

Not sure why you would be flashing the 3090 in the first place but if it failed at protection while trying to flash the card should be OK unless you already wiped the first BIOS. Plug it in and find out. Hopefully you saved your original BIOS file

You can get a lot more OC headroom with locked down power limit cards, idk about this MSI one tho

You can get a lot more OC headroom with locked down power limit cards, idk about this MSI one tho

I'm very familiar with flashing vBIOS, my point was it's already the top card on the block and pulls almost 500W with the original BIOS. Messing around with a $1500 dollar card when you really aren't familiar with flashing just seems like a BAD idea

I am guessing you are updating because of their lack of preparation when releasing these cards.
What does this mean? What did NV do that would cause people to flash their BIOS? The minor CTD issue was resolved with a BIOS so I am a bit confused at what is still going on or what that lack of preparation means.

https://www.overclockers.com/msi-rtx-3090-gaming-x-trio-review-fastest-ever-for-1500/

Back