• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclock my Winchester please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jEevion

EDIT

Skip right down to the very last post, don't worry too much about all of these pics, my final stable results are at the bottom.

SYSTEM SPECS:
AMD64 3200+ Winchester s939
DFI LanpartyUT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ Dual Channel Platinum Rev. 2 TCCD 2-2-2-5
OCZ Powerstream 520W
XP-90 /w Tornado case fan mounted
eVGA eGeFroce 7800GT CO
74GB WD Raptor

Last edited:
SKIP THIS

I lowered the transport to 4x and went up to 205, 2050MHz which passed 4M superPI just fine, then did 210 and failed right at the end 'Not exact in round'. Do I just raise the CVore a notch and try again?

Last edited:
SKIP THIS

I increased the CVore to 1.425 in BIOS, it shows up as 1.39 in SmartGuardian. What should I do next? Also note that I ran about 10 1M test and about 5 4M tests, only 2 failed, the rest passed.

EDIT

I changed the VCore in bios to 1.45, rebooted into the bios and the VCore read 1.43, then in Smartguardian it reads as 1.40. Which is correct?

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
SKIP THIS

What I did was increase the VDimm to 2.8v, as it was at 2.6v before, that's what I think the problem was my ram not getting enough juice. So, I ran the memory at 9/10 ratio, the below pic shows the CPU passing at 2200MHz, memory at 200MHz, CVore is now 1.4 default.

Attachments

• r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
SKIP THIS

Had to increase the VCore to 1.425 in BIOS for the below test to work. Memory is now in the 5/6 divider 200MHz 2-2-2-5 2.8v. If you can't see the picture, it's at 2400MHz stable.

Attachments

• r4.JPG
    r4.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
You need to link those screenies better i cant see them, and i will try and help u.

SKIP THIS

Had to up Vcore to 1.5 in bios for below to pass. I don't have time to test further right now, have to work, but the below seems good and stable for now. Once I get the max FSB figured out, how do I go about setting my memory for high performance + stability? I want to try for 1:1 CPU ratio. Thanks for reading, and wish me luck for when I get back.

Can you all see it?

Attachments

• r5.JPG
    r5.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
SKIP THIS

Update:

I came home and played with it a bit more. I'm having some major problems setting an accurate Vcore though. For example:

1.45 + 110% = 1.595 but (CPUID=1.552 / SmartGuardian=1.55 / BIOS=1.57)
1.425 + 113% = 1.61025 but (CPUID=1.568 / SmartGuardian=1.56 / BIOS=1.59)

I'm currently at 2600MHz, ram is in the 3/4 divider still at 195MHz 2-2-2-5 2.8V, but I can't get SuperPI to pass the 4M test. I'm sure it can if I can get a voltage of around 1.58 or so, but I don't know what setting will yield this with accuracy. Which monitor do I go by when setting voltages?

Last edited:
SKIP THIS

Also, what is the max Vcore I can have before I start getting worried about damaging the chip? What about Vdimm? I'm sorry this thread might be a bit disorganized, but I could use some advice on what to do, I've never taken this approach to overclocking. Maybe someone with a lot of experience with my DFI board can tell me how to set up a voltage of 1.58-1.6 and let me test SuperPI at 2.6Ghz again. Sorry for the frequent follow-ups, and thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Okay, SOO I found the limit on my CPU to be 2610MHz, anything remotely beyond that will fail SuperPI, 2600 and 2610 pass it just fine. I'm running the max recommended VCore of 1.6v, as you will see in the pic below.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v230/jeevion/?action=view&current=r7.jpg

That's how my rig is so far. Keep in mind the memory is still running on a divider, and I need help figuring out how to synchronize it with the processor. Should I lower the FSB to 200 again and just test the memory? Or what should I do?

Well I ran memtest with timings 2.5-3-3-6 @ 261MHz 1:1 CPU and it passed for a full run at 2.8v. But when I started Windows, all I got was a blank screen. So I restarted and this time got to my desktop, but Windows froze. I went into the bios and upped the VDimm to 2.9v, rebooted and haven't had a problem since. So my final results are as follows:

AMD64 3200+ Winchester s939 @ 2610MHz 1.6VCore
OCZ Dual Channel Platinum Rev. 2 (TCCD) 2.5-3-3-6 261MHz 2.9Vdimm

Well, any comments or further suggestion are appreciated.

Guys I have a problem, when my memory is set to 2.5-3-3-6, my games and 3dmark either crash or give a BSOD. I tested these settings in memtest and I can't get the memory to give any errors whatsoever. I looped test 5 a few times and did a few complete passes, no errors. When I set the memory to 3-4-4-7, my games no longer crash at all. Anyone have any idea how to counter this? Thanks.

Maybe I should try 2.8v 2.5-3-3-6 260MHz but I think I already did, crashes in Windows but stable in Memtest.

EDIT

2.8v 2.5-3-3-6 gives me a BSOD @ 260MHz .... should I try 2.9 or 3v? Or is that too dangerous?

Last edited:
you could try a divider and keep it below 250, as long as it's stable
I keep my ram under 200 because it's value-ram

Back