• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP please Video card cap installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

I have the cap, I have the card.

EVGA GeForce GT220.

The cap used to have a plastic base to it, but I can't find it so I'm just going to lay it down on the board and hot clue it there.

I need to know which lead on the cap goes to what spot on the board.

the colored side I assume matches up with the white shaded area on the board, but which lead goes where?

Replace that with a United Chemicon NP-CAP, 180uF- 820uF 16V part. You can also use a Nichion HM series cap. The Red cap you see is a Fujitsu FP-CAP.

Click on the "Motherboard Repair Tutorial" link in my sig to get an idea on how to replace capacitors.

Replace that with a United Chemicon NP-CAP, 820uF 16V part. You can also use a Nichion HM series cap. The Red cap you see is a Fujitsu FP-CAP.

That's the cap that came on the card. I don't understand what you are saying.

The cap that is laying down is the one that came off and I re-soldered back on.

That's the cap that came on the card. I don't understand what you are saying.

The cap that is laying down is the one that came off and I re-soldered back on.

Did you make sure to clean the old solder out of the holes in the PCB, then put the leads through those holes to connect the leads back to the traces on the board with solder? It appears that a surface mount was done, unless I am looking at the wrong pic.

Did you make sure to clean the old solder out of the holes in the PCB, then put the leads through those holes to connect the leads back to the traces on the board with solder? It appears that a surface mount was done, unless I am looking at the wrong pic.

I did the surface mount as it's always worked in the past. I'll clean it out and re-do it I guess :D

Back