• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help - unzip files in windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazing fire

Hey there! I've been trying to install the console version of F@H in vista but I seem to get some strange errors. I am able to install the console on xp though.

Here's a screen shot of the error.

Attachments

• Error message when unzipping.jpg
    Error message when unzipping.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Why is your user profile directory like that?
Did you try moving the ZIP file out of the %userprofile% directories?

looks to me like maybe winrar has been unistalled but the file association is still there.. maybe winrar has got corupt ? You could try right clicking, Open With.. and use the windows zip archive extractor..

Hope this helps.

Either that or I would say download/reinstall WinRAR. If the icon is still set it looks as if the file extension association is still in the registry, but for some reason its not finding WinRAR.

BTW: I like how you removed the name from the error message but not from the titlebar :)

BTW: I like how you removed the name from the error message but not from the titlebar :)
...and now all your base are belong to us :bday:

:eek::bang head. I'm such a genius. Thanks for informing me! :santa:

I tired uninstalling but it gave me this message...

Edit- nvm, it could not find the source and it removed it from the list. I'll try installing winRAR now.

Edit 2- where do I get a free winRAR version? The one I got from RARlab will only last 40 days.

Attachments

• Uninstall winRAR archiver.jpg
    Uninstall winRAR archiver.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 150
  • winRAR 40day license.jpg
    winRAR 40day license.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Great... Now I have an error message when running F@H

My config file:

Code:
[settings]
username=Blazing_fire
team=32
passkey=
asknet=no
machineid=2
bigpackets=big

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[core]
priority=96
checkpoint=3
nocpulock=1
addr=

[clienttype]
type=3

Attachments

• F@H GPU error (amdcalrt.dll).jpg
    F@H GPU error (amdcalrt.dll).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 154
Alright then... :(

I have a question. There was a linux command to erase the HDD thoroughly. May I know how to do that?

Alright then... :(

I have a question. There was a linux command to erase the HDD thoroughly. May I know how to do that?
If you are just reinstalling, there is no need to use the command. It will take hours to complete, you are better off doing the "long" format when you install.

Oh that's alright. Somehow, even after a windows reformat, the bootup speed is sluggish compared to the fresh install of windows when I first bought the HDD. Is it due to the HDD slowing down?

Oh that's alright. Somehow, even after a windows reformat, the bootup speed is sluggish compared to the fresh install of windows when I first bought the HDD. Is it due to the HDD slowing down?
It is possible it is having problems. Fire up HD Tune and get the SMART data.

Is this normal?

Attachments

• HDD results.JPG
    HDD results.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 128
  • HDD benchmark results.JPG
    HDD benchmark results.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 130
Back