• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new hdd please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Apilot21

I have a new 200gb WD that I am putting into my new computer but I cant get it to find the whole drive. First I tried to use the SATA that came on my motherboard (IC7-G), but I couldnt get it to read from the drivers so I switched it to using the ATA card that came with my hard drive. Its currently partitioning but its not reading the entire drive. After I get XP running I plan to try and install the drivers for the SATA and see if I can get that to work with the hard drive rather than the ATA controller. Anyone have any helpfull info to help me out with either getting it to recognize the entire drive or to help me get the SATA working. Thanks, this may be a stupid topic becuase this is the first time I'm using a drive that brakes the 137 barrier. Thanks again.

Back