• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with water chilled setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skahtul

Question. I have been tinkering with the idea of making a water-chilled system (I have built a few basic water cooled systems) with the use of a compressor. So my first part is planned out, I will be putting the cooling plate (it is in the shape of a plate kind of) with the coils into a tank of water and circulating that though my water block to cool my CPU. My question thought is this. Thos coils on the hot side of the compressor get pretty warm. If I were to build a second Reservoir/Radiator stand alone system much like your basic water cooled system to cool those coils would that be of help? You know, put the hot coils in a tank and pump water though and use a large radiator to cool the water. Any info would be good.

Yes that will help. That's a much better way of removing heat from your condenser coils.

By the way, you'll get more answers, and more informed answers, if you were to post this in the extreme cooling section....;)

I was testing my compressor last night, and those coils do get pretty hot. I have had a few other people say that this was a good idea. I have all the spare parts laying around to do it, I will post a few pics soon. Also if you run across someone else who has tried this, let me know so I can check it out.

Back