• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

higher multipliers on Abit Motherboards? And what about 1.3 GHz t-bird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman99

Hi, I have an Abit KT7-RAID motherboard and I have ordered a 266 FSB 1 Ghz thunderbird and am hoping it will be AXIA. My problem is, since my motherboard is based on the KT133 chipset, and I don't like to overclock by FSB unless its a speced FSB ( like going from 100 to 133 would be fine by me), i am limited to 1250 mhz since the multiplier on these motherboards only goes up to 12.5

Does anyone know how to get higher multipliers?

Also, How would 1.3 Ghz thunderbirds work on these motherboards? since that CPU needs a 13x multiplier. Let me know, thanks!

Aaron

I just read about that in http://www.muropaketti.com (it's in finnish). It seems the mobo shows a multiplier of 12.5 and FSB at 104, while in truth, it is 13x100.

Here's a link to Muropaketti, describing some changes to wcpuid.
You should be able grasp some details out of it, as there is some english text in it. There's also a link to an edited version of wcpuid, which is able to show higher than 12.5 multiplier, at the end of the page.

Hope that helps.

Back