• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Homemade MAME arcade kabinet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah when i was in the rotterdam harbour looking at hundreds of cabinets.
i liked this ones shape so i prefered it over ones with monitors. I thought it was in craptacular shape when i saw it first but when it arrived and i cleaned it and raided the inside I was surprised in what shape it is in.

I'd really like to do something like this. How much did it cost you?

atm its costing me(euro): 50 for cab, 16 for xtra wood, 0 for pc cause i had one lying around, 0 for the tv sme reason as pc, and just about 130 on controlls including shipping to holland from america (30).
so roughly 200 euros which is a bit more in USD 269. but in america it is pretty easy to get ahold of a cab for free and you dont have to pay ridiculous shipping.
1 x Pushbutton Nut Wrench (PBWRNCH01) = $2.00
6 x Green Horizontal Pushbutton - HAPP™ (PBGNHPLGHZ) = $8.10
7 x Red Horizontal Pushbutton - HAPP™ (PBRDHPLGHZ) = $9.45
7 x Yellow Horizontal Pushbutton - HAPP™ (PBYWHPLGHZ) = $9.45
1 x Player 2 Pushbutton (P2PB) = $1.59
1 x Player 1 Pushbutton (P1PB) = $1.59
1 x HAPP™ Super Arcade Joystick - RED (HAPPSPRRED) = $8.49
30 x Solar Yellow 3/4-inch T-Molding (TM34SOLYEL) = $12.00
1 x OMNI-Stik BASIC - BLACK (OMNIBBLACK) = $13.50
1 x HAPP™ Super Arcade Joystick - BLACK (HAPPSPRBLACK) = $8.49
1 x KeyWiz Max 1.5 (KWS00015) = $34.95
15 x Blue ButtonBlaster™ LED (BLUBBLED) = $7.35
7 x Black Horizontal Pushbutton - HAPP™ (PBBKHPLGHZ) = $9.45
1 x OMNI-Stik BASIC - RED (OMNIBRED) = $13.50
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $139.91
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box (6 - 10 days)): $39.35
Total: $179.26

i accidently ordered too much, the 2 happ joysticks and black buttons are excess so ill probaly sell them on marktplaats.nl to get back that money cause i don't need 4 joysticks

Last edited:
i've installed the tv and have just thrown the pc in cleaned the wires a bit and this is what it looks like now
IMG_4617.jpg
This is the pc thats running in cab
IMG_4618.jpg

I wonder if i shold take the xtra fan off the gfx card or not to kill sound

my long awaited update. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my package to arrive and it finally did. I't is all complete and alot is in a test or is on the cab.
IMG_4633.jpg
BUTTONS!!!
IMG_4632.jpg
this is the t-molding nice and yellow, my sister put it all on and did a good job
IMG_4631.jpg
this is the test control panel, it is to test the interface and see what the best layout is
IMG_4630.jpg
this is the full pic of the unfinished cab

maxio098ui,

You dont anything else on this? what controler board did you use? i am thinking i might build one of these. I got a cabinet in the area the guy is going to let me have for a few bucks.

very nice. haven't checked this in a while. i'm sure there's a ton of empty space inside that cab. you could make storage compartments for cds/dvds/old console games. it looks like space is kind of tight there.

Back