• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you unlock cores ONE-BY-ONE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The X2's and X3's are often down-grades from a quad because of bad cores but it can also be from a minor flaw in one of the cpuNB components (fewer cores means less strain on the cpuNB). By adjusting the cpuNB voltage you can sometimes get around the flaw - IF that's what down-graded the quad in the first place ...

The X2's and X3's are often down-grades from a quad because of bad cores but it can also be from a minor flaw in one of the cpuNB components (fewer cores means less strain on the cpuNB). By adjusting the cpuNB voltage you can sometimes get around the flaw - IF that's what down-graded the quad in the first place ...

That's good to know b/c yesterday I adjusted the CPU-NB of my 5000+ X2 (now called an FX 5000+ b/c it's unlocked to quad deneb) and my linkpack stability as so far gone from 2430mhz CPU frequency to 2750mhz... all I had to do was raise the CPU-NB +0.1v, and my temps haven't changed, surprisingly!!

The chip is normally 2.2ghz... usually I'd raise the vcore when testing unlocks, but now I'll rely more on CPU-NB...

Just don't put all your eggs in one basket when trying to unlock. It could be a core, the cpuNB or both - there's simply no way to know. But at least you now know it could be the cpuNB ... :)

Just don't put all your eggs in one basket when trying to unlock. It could be a core, the cpuNB or both - there's simply no way to know. But at least you now know it could be the cpuNB ... :)

True, true... don't forget I can still kick some major OCing butt if I have to.

Back