• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Does it Look? Gaming Pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
are you planning on overclocking at all?

i am not really sure how much a quad core would help in games even in 3-4 years seeing as we are still getting into the games that use more than one core...

i personally got a quad core because programs compile faster with more cores :)

umm I may overclock after while, but I'm not like a big "overclocker" or anything...

umm I may overclock after while, but I'm not like a big "overclocker" or anything...

i am not really big into overclocking a whole lot anymore (i don't hang out in the cooling or cpu forums much) but i've heard that quads can be more difficult to overclock as high as their duo counterparts due to the fact that there are 2 x the # of cores running at higher than rated clock speeds which generate more heat... don't quote me on that though :)

3.2 is fairly simple.
3.6 a bit harder ;)

Depends on your chip though. Some quads will do 3.6 in their sleep on stock voltage :eek:

geta E8400 much better for gaming....

also Antec makes good power supplies, they have a 650watt 3 rail PSU going for around 60 bucks right now... check the cyberdeals area

I agree thge E8400 is much better for gaming, but he will be using a lot of multi-core programs such as Photoshop so which is why I think he should stick with the quad.

I agree thge E8400 is much better for gaming, but he will be using a lot of multi-core programs such as Photoshop so which is why I think he should stick with the quad.

What mobo works best with E8400 and OCZ ram?

ahh man, you had to ask..

Well I am not sure yet, I am one of the many Vista haters out there. But with my new system I may have to fold.

Is there much benefit in running Vista with the Quad? I love my ol XP Pro and I already own it.

And no I don't just hate to hate, I had it on my laptop (Dell for college), and it just caused so many freaking probs trying to do every day things....
folding is mandatory if you have a Q6600:santa:

Back