• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How fast is fast? 2 WUs per day?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omaticrail

I'm sure this is a repeat question, but I've already done several searches that turned up squat.

I've accomplished a whopping total of 10 WU's since I started a week ago (running part time). The difficulty of each WU must be pretty heafty indeed, but I had some strange notion that WU's could be whacked out in an hour or two.

I realize that WU's come in all sizes, but can someone give me a ballpark range of WU's per day for an all-stock XP1800+ w/ WinXP, 256MB?

I have a number of system running and it realy depends alot on the work you units. I have had work units that have taken 10 hours and I have had work units that I can get done in a hour or so.
Depending on the WU you get it can take along or a short time. You realy have to keep track of your score more than your work units.
Some of the new work units have been as high as 5 points and some are low like 0.8 points. But the points follow along with the time it takes to do the work unit on the benchmark system stanford uses.

So keep track of you score and it will make more sense to you in the end.

Keep up the good work.

omaticrail said:
I'm sure this is a repeat question, but I've already done several searches that turned up squat.

I've accomplished a whopping total of 10 WU's since I started a week ago (running part time). The difficulty of each WU must be pretty heafty indeed, but I had some strange notion that WU's could be whacked out in an hour or two.

I realize that WU's come in all sizes, but can someone give me a ballpark range of WU's per day for an all-stock XP1800+ w/ WinXP, 256MB?
you should average 3 wu's or 6pts a day.

I've got 35.2 points this week. Although i've been hitting a mine field of protienA and monster variants. Ant that's on a Tbird 1GHz @ 1.1

res0r9lm is right. That cpu at the speeds you posted should be good for about 6 points per day. That's 6 points/day running 24/7 nonstop though.

Back