• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long till next gen cards come around?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madcow235

My video card just burned up so i'm running a ti4400 right now. Im going to get a new pc this summer and this video card deal will affect what and when I buy. I've heard that Nvidia is aiming for a 3rd quarter release for its new card, a longer than I would have liked to wait, but I have no idea when ati's next gen comes out. I really don't care for these new cards I just want the price of 6800gt's or even ultras to drop to a price that is somewhat more reasonable, $350 is the most I REALLY want to pay for a vid card

Go with a 6800 GT and flash or OC it to Ultra. These cards are still running everything strong. Cant go wrong with them. But if you are planning to go Longhorn in about 2 years, it uses a whole new tech. So yeah I would wait to see what the R520 and Nvidia 7xx are going to offer.

Supposedly Nvidia is going to show off alittle of what they have coming up at computex at the end of this month. ATI might have a card in the 3rd quarter of this year but I think Xbox360 is eating most of their manufactoring capabilities.

I personally would wait until Computex becuase ATI is supposed to be showing thier AMR(sli fighter) technology and Nvidia is suppossed to show alittle of the upcoming G70 so if you can wait a month it will probably be best to wait.

If your thinking AGP a Leadtek 6800GT can be had from Newegg for $300
If your thinking PCI-e an x800xl can be had for about $250
If you wan't to go budget a 6600Gt can be had for well under $200 in either PCI-e or AGP.

flamerail said:
Personaly ill never buy any thing but BFG Tech Cards.
www.bfgtech.com
:D

Here here!

I have a the BFG 6600GT OC and its an awesome card. Comes with faster clocks at stock (for those of you who don't like to overclock video cards). Has a lifetime warranty, sweet copper cooler on the core and ram, plus a pretty blue fan. I have owned MSI and ATi, BFG has my sentiment.

Back