• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How low will Crucial go? Does 2x1GB 6400 Tracers for $25 after rebates sound good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
are you referring to my post Reefa?

Yeah, but I see that I misquoted you. Should have been...

5% coupon
$10 Buy.com rebate.

help me with the math, OK?

110 - cost of modules
(55) - Crucial rebate

55 - net after MIR
(5) - 5% coupon
(10) - 10 rebate from Buy.com

40 - Net / final / after rebates and all the junk price

Did I miss something or is it a 5% or a $10 Buy.com rebate, instead of both?

You're right, my math was off in my original post. $40 should be the final price, which is even better! The 5% off coupon is here: (originally posted by djcomp)

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074

The $10 rebate is there when you view your cart contents. It asks you what free 1 year subscription to the magazines listed you want. You are able to select no thanks. The rebate form is in the same window, in the fine print.

You're right, my math was off in my original post. $40 should be the final price, which is even better! The 5% off coupon is here: (originally posted by djcomp)

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074

The $10 rebate is there when you view your cart contents. It asks you what free 1 year subscription to the magazines listed you want. You are able to select no thanks. The rebate form is in the same window, in the fine print.

Dang! No credit card account required and still just $40 net out of pocket.

Even if not the Tracers...folks, we have a winner!

I like the appearance of the Tracer modules better, but when I'm finished building, my case is going under my desk. I won't notice anyway, except when I crawl under to stare at it.

Bling is not for everyone and if in your case, it won't even matter as per your post.

Some speculate that the Tracers might perform better, but to be honest, I've never seen real evidence of that. There has to be a difference of some sorts in the PCB for the LED lights, but beyond that, I believe they (Tracers and non-Tracers...and the LanFest, for that matter) are the same.

By the way, here is the fine print on the additional $10 rebate from Buy.com...for all to see. Note that there is an add'l rebate form required (link becomes available when you select the "see details" link) and that there is a 30-day time restrictions for claiming the add'l $10 off.

If you decline your magazine subscription you may receive an allowance for its stated value - see details - by sending a copy of your order confirmation and rebate form within 30 days to: M2 Processing, 1630 30th St., Ste. A, #497, Boulder, CO 80301.

Last edited:
I just realized that if you bought these Ballistix for $110, less $55 MIR from Crucial = $55, less $30 instant credit for opening the VISA account, less the $10 rebate for opting out of the magazine subscription your net cost for a 2 gig kit of Ballistix 6400s would be $15, shipped to your door!

1) 110-55=55
2) 55-30=25
3) 25-10=15

That's right folks...$15 for a 2 gig kit of very good DDR2!

DANG!!!

For some reason buy.com cancelled my order. I got an email yesterday stating that my credit card was not able to be authorized, so I resubmitted the information and got the same thing. I then tried another card and they cancel my order. I decided to place a new order for the same thing, but now I'm unable to use the 5% off coupon, because the sites thinks I already used it. Very odd.

I just emailed them, so hopefully I will get a response and maybe get this straightened out. I know I didn't enter my credit card information wrong, as I've had plenty of practice at that over the years.

EDIT: Just want to respond to my post by saying that it was not buy.com's fault, but my credit card company.

Last edited:
Back