• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much bandwidth does your office use a day on avg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
26 / 20mbit net helps alot for that!

Sweet..... My work gives a 100mbit download but only a 1mbit upload which is shared between the whole work.... then at home I have 512kbit upload. Around where I am there arent any companys that offer high speed upload unless your willing to pay 400 a month.

Who is your provider nd4spdbh2 that a pretty nice speed and connections.

OP and others i aways wonder why some corps allow facebook no way its related to work :p

OP and others i aways wonder why some corps allow facebook no way its related to work :p

It's quite an endless swamp to try to block all services you don't want people using at work. Worse still, some will find a way around your blocks and then it will be completely out of your control.

Better to find ways to measure your employees are doing enough work, and keep them motivated.

How much EFFICIENT work do you think most people are doing on a computer during a work day? Sometimes you need a moment of something else to clear your head. Some do it with coffee, some with something else...

this day in age things have changed, as long as work is done, you can go on facebook, i don't care, i can block it in about 5 seconds flat if asked, it isn't too hard pending on what firewall system you have in place.

But i do believe a happy worker is a productive worker, if people feel they are in a boot camp, they tend to not feel very happy and thus not very productive and more bitter, happy workers, with us, seem more willing to stay late to finish something or help out others and so on.

for the main office building here, we constantly peg out a 100 mb up/down connection during business hours. i'd love to see how much bandwidth our data centers use.

and fishy, that's some serious bandwidth you guys have there. :thup:

i could only imagine what internal must be like, internal we dont do too much i wouldn't think, about 3G on database syncing, maybe 3-4G on daily reporting internally for everyone...

Texas A&M University, we average (on a weekday) 1.5Gbps to the internet. So therefore we have a totaly daily bandwidth of 128,600 GigaBits!

Back