• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Much Could I Get For My PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snelan

How much is my PC worth (If I sold it). I am thinking of selling it for a 2600k GTX 580 system. Obviously I'd sell it on craigslist because of local pickup options. I know that you can easily overcharge on Craigslist but what's its REAL worth.

Full Specs:
CPU: 1090t - Stable at 4.2GHz/1.45VCore ~ Max OC 4.616GHz/1.6VCore
GPU: PNY GTX 480 Softmodded with EVGA BIOS. WC'd and clocks at 925/1950 Stable W/o artifacts.
GPU2: PNY 9500GT 1GB DDR2 (PhysX)
MB: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
PSU: Antec Eco Neo 620 Watt
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
SSD: A-DATA S599 64GB
RAM: PNY XLR8 2x2GB 1600 DDR3

Watercooling/Others:
DD Double Heater Core with a custom shorud and 2 Yate Loon HS in Pull
Black Ice Extreme II With one Yate Loon HS and one crappy fan
XSPC Rasa - CPU
XSPC Razor 480 - GPU
Laing D4 (Danger Den)
3.5" Dual (Takes up 2 HDD spaces) Resevoir
Xaser III Super Tower (Black, with the fan controller)

This PC is fully functioning and works Great.

Really? Only 1k? Well, you do have an awesome pc though:attn:, and I have a feeling that could attribute to the low prices. Anyone else?

Hafa hit it. My pc has. Othing to do with how I priced it. Its used and most people don't want water that would buy on co so u have a tough sell.

What these guys said is very true, and also remember people wont really want to pay extra for custom water cooling or high stable overclock you got or any other cool tweaks, because it personal preference, which is different for everyone, they will simply pay what those parts you got are worth.

How much is my PC worth (If I sold it). I am thinking of selling it for a 2600k GTX 580 system. Obviously I'd sell it on craigslist because of local pickup options. I know that you can easily overcharge on Craigslist but what's its REAL worth.

Full Specs:
CPU: 1090t - Stable at 4.2GHz/1.45VCore ~ Max OC 4.616GHz/1.6VCore
GPU: PNY GTX 480 Softmodded with EVGA BIOS. WC'd and clocks at 925/1950 Stable W/o artifacts.
GPU2: PNY 9500GT 1GB DDR2 (PhysX)
MB: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
PSU: Antec Eco Neo 620 Watt
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
SSD: A-DATA S599 64GB
RAM: PNY XLR8 2x2GB 1600 DDR3

Watercooling/Others:
DD Double Heater Core with a custom shorud and 2 Yate Loon HS in Pull
Black Ice Extreme II With one Yate Loon HS and one crappy fan
XSPC Rasa - CPU
XSPC Razor 480 - GPU
Laing D4 (Danger Den)
3.5" Dual (Takes up 2 HDD spaces) Resevoir
Xaser III Super Tower (Black, with the fan controller)

This PC is fully functioning and works Great.
As a rough starting point for used electronics take the new cost and divide by two. There are exceptions but that's the general rule.

Also, many people won't even by hardware that's been overclocked and 4.2 GHz on water isn't particularly high for that CPU so there's nothing special there. I don't know about the video card capabilities - not my thing.

The water cooling parts don't de-value quite as bad. I can buy a new heater core for < $30, I don't know how pricing of other used rads go. Used water blocks run maybe 75% and yours are fairly new. The D4 is a pretty old pump.

I think EarthDog was being generous. ;)

Last edited:
Best bet would be to part it out. I parted out a rig a while back and made out better than if i sold it as a whole. Easier to sell parts(especially if you have the original packaging)than a custom rig. Not sure where you got the idea you can overcharge on Craig's list. Out here in Vegas and in Cali people don't pay anything on the list.

Last edited:
Best bet would be to part it out. I parted out a rig a while back and made out better than if i sold it as a whole. Easier to sell parts(especially if you have the original packaging)than a custom rig. Not sure where you got the idea you can overcharge on Craig's list. Out here in Vegas and in Cali people don't pay anything on the list.

Agreed. And I also agree that half the new cost is probably generous.

A lot of what you'd like to ascribe value to is intangible. You say it's stable, but if I bought your computer, and had stability problems, am I gonna get a refund?

And that's assuming you can find the following customer: Lot's of money, a deep appreciation of overclocking and water cooling, yet for some reason doesn't want to do it himself. :shrug: Also this person has to trust your overclocking abilities completely, and assume the video cards, RAM and CPU haven't been damaged.

That's a tough sell. Parting it out is your best option. Essentially, you're trying to put a dollar value on a hobby.

Back