• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much more life does the 8800gtx have left

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UnrealAlex said:
I read somewhere they abandoned 8900 series to go straight to 9800 series.

It didn't make any sense for NVIDIA to release an 8900 series since ATI never released the X2900XTX. The only people they would've had to compete against would've been themselves. (And that would've been kinda stupid.) I think the games are probably dictating, to some extent, the existence of the 9800 series. If it's a quarter better than the 8800GTX then ATI is doomed.

The release of Nvidia's next card, is the time I get a 8800GTS 640 off one of you guys who upgrades! :)

Deceived? How? We got the greatest videocard that has ever been on the market. How can you complain at all about that? Shiit, you guys are nothing but babies crying over everything... you think it isn't fair for nvidia to supposedly release a new card... you guys complain that dx10 isn't right... or that the 8800 requires 400w of power alone... non of this is true! One myth pops up and noobs absorb it, pass it on, and it gets even more distorted. Only listen to the official word... and even still, don't believe it until you see it in your hands. People lie, and it ****es me off. Nothing we can do but disprove it.

I really was thinking of plunking down the money for the new NV card then I started thinking when have I ever used a card to it's real world life cycle. the answer is never so with this 8800gtx I have I'm going to get my monies worth.Thanks for all the great responses.Besides I need all the xtra cash for Pc games.it's going to be a great 07 starting tues with Bioshock.

Back