• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much would YOU pay for [email protected]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much would you pay monthly for [email protected]

• $4.17

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • $8.33

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • $12.50

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • $16.67

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • $20.83

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • $25

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for the 4.17 because it was the cheapest option. However, I really have no use for such a service. What would be useful to me would be having a few products that I could buy.

The case badges are a good idea, I will be putting a couple of them on the new folding boxes I am building. If we had shirts and hats, I would buy a few of thhose as well.

I couldnt read the whole thread, so here are my thoughts.

It has to be POP3. It should be able to be read by all the good external email clients (and BeOS ones). THough, it should also ahve a web based side, so you can acess it from any computer.

I would be 25USD for the serivce.

id love to have that tag, but not willing to pay, im a good member, i help support and tell outsiders to come in and join, liek the origional gangsta who just joined the other day

im not one of those who would pay for an email address... and i know there's more people like that....

and the 20 meg limit... you can do that with hotmail too.. noone says you are only allowed one account

filip04 said:
im not one of those who would pay for an email address... and i know there's more people like that....

and the 20 meg limit... you can do that with hotmail too.. noone says you are only allowed one account

Yeah but you'll never be able to send/receive a 15 MB file through Hotmail. Ain't gonna happen... and no amount of extra free hotmail accounts will fix that.

Another thing too.... many of you made/make donations to the "OC Fund" and you don't get anything in return - I think this is a great way to make a donation -AND- get something useful in return. If you're viewing it from the perspective of "What am I getting for my $50 year?" you're looking at it the wrong way. If you have no desire to make donations to the fund and think the suggested prices for this service are a ripoff, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO THIS!!! It's voluntary! So don't crab about it... take it or leave it.

Last edited:
This is to help pay the bandwidth bills. I'd donate more than the max without a return just to keep the site running.

I also think a yearly fee would be better. Less work for the mods or admins that handle it. Collecting a monthly fee could prove to be too complicated. But anyway...I would definitely be willing to pay $50 or $60 a year for overclockers e-mail.

Re: How much would YOU pay per month for [email protected]

Thelemac said:
We're looking at either an annual payment, or a twice annual payment.

Yearly payments. I had the yealy payment up before, but it seemed that most people thought that was supposed to be a monthly payment, so I changed it to a monthly rate...to be collected once or twice yearly. ;)

My option does not exist. $0.00.

I'm biased though, I have my own domain & emails accounts.

Last edited:
NOW I see this just after I got my new email account [email protected] , I guess I should stop in this thread a little more often, ohwell I would pay the 50 or 60 to have the privilage of that email addy , count me in for 1 [email protected], payment through paypal ,just tell me when to send it and it is yours,
GOOD Idea peoples ,

SickBoy said:

Another thing too.... many of you made/make donations to the "OC Fund" and you don't get anything in return - I think this is a great way to make a donation -AND- get something useful in return. If you're viewing it from the perspective of "What am I getting for my $50 year?" you're looking at it the wrong way. If you have no desire to make donations to the fund and think the suggested prices for this service are a ripoff, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO THIS!!! It's voluntary! So don't crab about it... take it or leave it.

Well, for what I have sent, I get forums which are free of popups. I just do not see what I would do with a third malpine walis@ account. If I would be getting this for what is essentially (what I would do anyway) free, then yah, sure.

I do have some links to promotional vendors. If I can help by putting together some deals on hats or other stuff, I would be willing to do that also.

I would be willing to py but not monthly more like $20 a year thats sound better than $5 a month

heck im willing to pay you guys $100 now but that would have a price hehe to have my record expunched and to becom a senoir member :rolleyes:

I think that a good idea to make money for OC forums would be to have a special 'exclusive member' service or something.

If any of you know or have played Yahoo Pool, then you will know what i am talking about! The service used to be free but then it became so popular that Yahoo started selling 'star member' packages. These packages offer a new game (9-ball pool) and rooms exclusively for star members as well as a larger choice of 'avatars'. These packages are completely optional and are there if you want to support the service if not then you can continue using the old pool rooms, nothing has changed. But the premium members get a bit of a bonus.

IMHO this would greatly benefit OC forums. I haven't really got any ideas as to what to include in the star packege but im sure someone can think of something.....

Thanks for listening.....(should i post this in its own thread?)

We're not going to make any part of the forums a pay part. We're willing to look into perks that members can pay for (shirts, hats, case badges, email accounts...things that are little extras that don't take away from the forum experience if you don't have them)...but no special membership type of thing.

Ebola said:
who the heck would pay $25 a month for email at oc-forums. thats ridiculous. you could get a full php/mysql functioning site with 50 email address, a couple hundred megs of storage, and a domain of your own for that price.

even $4 a month is way too much for just email. I thought it said per year when i voted at first.

where did you come up with these ridiculous numbers?

True, When I first looked at it I thought it was a year, but I guess I was really wrong. Im all set...

Thelemac said:
We're not going to make any part of the forums a pay part. We're willing to look into perks that members can pay for (shirts, hats, case badges, email accounts...things that are little extras that don't take away from the forum experience if you don't have them)...but no special membership type of thing.

Okay. Just a thought....

It's actually really difficult to find ways to help out.....

The shirts would probly look like these shirts here, in the pic. We've had that discussion probly 3 times in the past year, and I'd definitely buy a shirt, maybe even a hat (i never usually wear hats).

If there were polos and tees, I'd buy a polo with a small logo so i could wear it at school, and a tee just because OC rocks!

OC-Black-Tee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back