• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you water people change your water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends what type of system (open/closed) and what else you are putting in it. I read about you juice idea LOL. Everyweek sound a little overkill. If you are putting in additives, that could get expensive.

hmmmm going on a year for me now...No sign of me changing anytime soon either...It's a closed loop system with distilled water and water wetter. Nothing growing and its holding the same temps. I just transfer the system grom my Tbird to a new 1.6a P4. Doesn't look like i'll ever have any need to change it...I figure after a year, nothing is gonna happen to it that hasn't already. :)

I used to have a closed system, I never changed the water, I had it for around 6 months and used water wetter.
I had mine on 24/7 also

I'd say check it every month..

and look into putting bleech or something into it.. a small ammount, not something that will overpower you, but something that will keep the water clean.

I ran my system for nearly a month with the top of a 5 gallon bucket off, and the water got pretty dirty with no additives

What if you get a good batch of water that you don't wanna change?

Is there any way of checking the stepping and production code on this stuff?

This moment of surreality brought to you by,

Road Warrior

Back