• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to do a Gainward Ti200 Volt Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

OK, I checked up on some Ti200 volt mod sites online and the pics included seem to differ from my Gainward Golden Ti200. Anyone got any links for a tutorial specific to Gainward Ti200's? Or if you wanna give me the tutorial yourself that would be cool. I'm not too worried about the heat cuz I just slapped a big *** CPU cooler on there.

Kinda sucks, I expected better than 245/545... I got bad luck with Gainward. When everyone else gets 250+/560+ on stock cooling I'll get less even with extreme isht like I got going now... Same with my Golden Sample MX440. 4ns ram that wouldn't do 500! It's not hot in my apartment either! Anyways, I'll stop whining.

--Illah

Yeah, that's the one I saw. I looked over my gainward and it didn't look quite like those ones, I guess they use different voltage regulators. I'm sure someone on here volt modded their gainward ti200...

--Illah

Maybe you'll have to be an original and look up the voltage reg specs from the manufacturer of the chip. Lots of them have their datasheets online these days.
You said sites plural in your first post, is there another voltmod site apart from xbitlabs articles?

Road Warrior

xhibit has two up, one for the original GF3 and the other for the Ti's. As for being original I'm no good at electronics... I can read a schematic and solder and stuff and I'm too stupid to put on a resistor, but figuring out what ohmage and where to put it is beyond me.

--Illah

check with Silver, i think he Vmoded his Gainward Ti200.
i want to do it with my Visiontek too, but couldn't find anything on it...:(

OK guys, I'm having some trouble with this. My gainward ti200 doesn't have any of the same chips as either of the xbit labs examples. I really wanna do the GPU vmod, maybe the mem. So I'm asking you electronics wizards to figure out what chip controls the vcore and how to shunt it so I get an extra 10-15% more voltage going through there. If you can help I'll mail you a nickel or something.

--Illah

See, I'm not alone on this one! I'll up the ante. If you can help I'll send you a quarter.

Maybe... :)

--Illah

feel free to play around with the voltage regulator :D i'm sure you will not damage anything if you use the same resistance that xbitlabs did. Just don't ground the 1st pin to the last pin. pin 1 is power and the last pin is ground.

If I had a way to measure the GPU's vcore maybe... I don't wanna just randomly shunt pins though. I'm not that brave!

--Illah

Back