• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket-A records to fall soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oooh, finaly, found a decent place in the UK for the Gainward that ships to U.S.,
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_AGP_411.html

1st one(the + has the 7900GT GPU, 24 pipes WOOT!)
just under $500US shipped....hehe

noone tell the wife i'm buying it, she'll s*** a brick
*heads out to open secret account*

hope i can mod a water block on there

vcore and overvolt mods on dfi a must :D

Last edited:
greenmaji said:
Do they realy charge VAT on US sales? :confused:

no, once you go to check out, you pick your country(US in my case), and it takes off VAT, and adds 14.75 for shipping :D

Greef VAT is ALOT!! what $75 bucks? and the shipping is pretty good.. Very good deal (considering this thing isnt sold in the states) :thup:

yeah, if some of the other companies would get off their duff and build some, i'd still expect to see a $350+ pricetag

Alright, collected the information needed for the Vcore and Vsens mods for my mobo, already have the pots/smd grabbers/multimeter

I don't think I'll need to do the vdd mod(unless anyone can give me good cause)

I will not be doing the vdimm mod, even though i have bh5, reason is this mod would require soldering, which i have 0 skill in, no materials or proper tools :D, so i'll have to be happy with a fsb limit of 250-255

i will put in the vcore/vsens mods tomorrow, just to test them out

yeah there really is not much point if your not doing the vdimm mod... my BH5 did best at 3.4v let me go all the way up to 270mhz 2-2-2. If you really want to break records then your going to need to mod your board or have someone who is better at soldering do it for you.

I think you can do it :) you just need to try.

lol, look at you 2, not 10 minutes after my post where i barely ween at having to solder, and you 2 start throwing links and words of encouragement at me...knew i joined these forums for a reason lol

actually, i have a friend....who can solder well, but i so cringe at the thought of frying my board, being it's harder to find a dfi lanparty nf2 ultra-b than it was to find the Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ SILENT 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP)

and look what's being soldered!!!
http://www.malvescorner.net/images/dfivdimm.jpg

that solder point on the lower/right, you don't want to be a noob soldering that, you hit your point in the wrong spot, game over..

besides, i haven't/won't be doing any cap replacements, although all heatsink points are covered :)

also, from previous testing/adventures, my highsest SuperPi 1m stable FSB was 252, and that was with 3.0v vdimm, 3.3v did no better, and that was with my radiator on the a/c vent, on water w/ radiator in case it's 240 with 2.9v vdimm, so maybe phase will get me to 260-265, i'll find out :D

ill be honest i have both a solder sucker and braid and i like the braid more works faster and you dont have as much danger of losing SMD stuff :)

infinitevalence said:
ill be honest i have both a solder sucker and braid and i like the braid more works faster and you dont have as much danger of losing SMD stuff :)

Ahhh good point..

http://www.mpja.com/category/Solder_Equipment/2_5mm_WIDE_DESOLDER_BRAID_2648_TL.asp

only so many links before it looks like Im harrasing :p J/K

That point looks fairly normal for videocard mods, practicing on an old vid card will make you a Non-nOOb :D
YOU CAN DO IT!!! :beer:

btw. that sodering station has a tweezer atachment and tips available LOL

Last edited:
:p get to practicing.. good phase=the sexy.. and your going to be kicking yourself till you get the extra VOLTS :cool:

if i had better cooling i'd go 2v+ on mine. that 3.4Ghz is leagues ahead of my overclock :(, but then im on air :)

Soldering aint hard, but practice soldering to pins and such on an old mobo or somthing, thats what i did. Aslo read the tiny soldering guide on these forums (volt mod section sticky). Its a good source. I'm keen to see what this can do.

is it just me or are you wasting your money with all this hardware that will not be compatable with your new rig...once you get it..

Back