• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Find Stable System Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok i ran the torture test but it didn't seam to stop with any errors...man i feel confused and noobish, ill learn i swear

Im not sure about this but i think my ram may be bad or something because when i open task manager while p95 is running and go to performance it only shows 2.1gigs being used, and i have 4 1 gig sticks in there, could this have an effect on my p95 runs? it still says i have 4 gigs on the specs in my computer......also i got occt, and it is true that i feel like i can run it better and understand what its doing....question, what does benchmarking do and why does it stop 3 of my cores and just run on 1 and whats the difference between running small/large fft
ps, is running with a 46% oc safe? because thats the most stable system performance i have had yet, even when i go lower

Last edited:
Im not sure about this but i think my ram may be bad or something because when i open task manager while p95 is running and go to performance it only shows 2.1gigs being used, and i have 4 1 gig sticks in there, could this have an effect on my p95 runs? it still says i have 4 gigs on the specs in my computer......also i got occt, and it is true that i feel like i can run it better and understand what its doing....question, what does benchmarking do and why does it stop 3 of my cores and just run on 1 and whats the difference between running small/large fft
ps, is running with a 46% oc safe? because thats the most stable system performance i have had yet, even when i go lower

Well, the fact that P95 doesn't use all of you RAM is normal, it's not a RAM test it's a CPU test. The difference between small/large FFT is that small FFT is loaded into the cache of your processor and large FFT uses RAM. At least that's what someone told me ;)

Well, the fact that P95 doesn't use all of you RAM is normal, it's not a RAM test it's a CPU test. The difference between small/large FFT is that small FFT is loaded into the cache of your processor and large FFT uses RAM. At least that's what someone told me ;)

And thats right.

Small = Small calculation, supposed to use "only" the processor.
Medium = Medium calculation, use the Processor + some of the memory
Large = Large calculation, Processor + Lots of memory.

Using OCCT Large data set i see 90%+ of my 4gig used. LargeFFT is the hardest test cause it use the whole platform.

ah i see, so my cpu is been p95 tested for 18 hours now, and no errors....never going above 55C and still going.... should I stop it...i feel that its stable, vcore is 1.4700, fsb voltage is 1.4, FSB is 390 Frequency, but im have been running on small FFT, what do u think?

also i ran large data set in occt and still only 2.4 gigs of my ram were being used....., and in the performance page on task manager it says under physical memory(MB) total-2557, cached 1345, free-135

Back