• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mine VCT(Verticoin)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, I think it still has room to go up more...it needs more time to mature and gain acceptance.

The new merge mined coin monocle is interesting, they will implement that soon.
The idea is to use sidechains, to test new stuff without affecting VTC's main blockchain.
Monocle would be a fork of VTC, using the same blockchain but with a different total cap.
Merge mined coins will only add incentives to secure VTC's network.

Yeah, this whole merge-mining and sidechaining things is pretty interesting, it's still a little weird to grasp, but as long as it keeps the value where it needs to be, then that is what counts. Hopefully people don't find a duping glitch or something that will create extras or something. It should also help prevent the inflation that we are seeing and hopefully stop the constant flood of worthless alt coins.

With the advent of Monocle merged mining, comes a question:

Is there any exchange for Monocle yet?

https://github.com/Paul-Bradley/EasyNode

I'll leave that here...we should set up a p2pool node with that. :p
Payouts are not working properly, but it's good if you have enough hash for monocle and parallax solo.

Yeah, it comes premade, and lets you mine 3 coins at once.

set mine up, 67.190.128.228:9171 irno if you guys mine to it, it will also give you other merged mined coins

Are payouts working?

How do I connect? I mean, what is the worker 'syntax'?

-u vtcwallet.monoclewallet.parallaxwallet -p x

???

it died, i need a new router, :(
i just setup the node that you posted, I guess it wouldnt have worked for the merge coins. I just went back to simplevert, as they just did PLX as well.
if someone wanted to tell me how i could host it/config it for payouts of merged coins, i would put it up on my warehouse PC, it has a super-stable 50/20 connection.

Last edited:
I've got about 35 GPUs soloing prime, and 10 mining VTC/MON/PLX on simplevert. I'm wondering if I should switch everything over to simplevert?

You need wallets for all three, mine with your vert wallet as user first at simplevert, then go to the website and add your mon and plx addresses to your "account".

Plx trades at poloniex, and monocle might be worth a lot, or at least 0.003btc.

You need wallets for all three, mine with your vert wallet as user first at simplevert, then go to the website and add your mon and plx addresses to your "account".

Plx trades at poloniex, and monocle might be worth a lot, or at least 0.003btc.

Awesome, got it moving.

Thanks!

Back