• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Move?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

im moving in about 1 day now just how should i move my pc so that on the other end its not dead???
my mom sais that she will take it in here suv but any thing i should do?
its a 3hr dirve that it has to siit for

Just wrap them in a blanket and make sure they dont slide around. They will be fine. I haul computers around all the time for work and for friends and you would be suprised how much abuse they can take :D

and if its a monitor, lie it sideways, you don't want it standing straight during the car ride. It can put alot of stress on the stand. When you put your computer in, try to put it in a spot where it won't slide or move if possible. and don't forget to blanket your monitor espeically.

look the best way to do it for the monitor is to put it on the back seat side way the screen side facing the bakc of the saet so nothing will damage you precious screen and also where ever you are going to put it behing the passenger or driver seat, move the front seat all the way down until it locks the monitor which screen is facing the back....
if you want even more security seat next to it on the back seat...

ok im going to put in the back of the suv wraped in a blanket and the screen facing the side of the car.
wouldnt it be best for the screen to face the ground though? i mean its wraped in a blanket it wont scratch and the heavyist part is the crt tube so if its facing the ground that would be less sress on other things right?

or is it best (as said up there^) to have the screen face the side ways?

syberspy9 said:
ok less than 24hr's plz? i dont want to wreck it!
and are u shure i dont have to do any thing so the hd doesnt die?
If the monitor is going to be in the cargo area then just lay it on the side and make sure its wrapped and cant move, that should be alright. Unless you plan on dropping and throwing the computer around, you wont have any problems. Just make sure they dont slide around. I haul them around in a VERY rough riding 4x4 truck and have never had a problem with them in the floor board or seats.

omg just put it in the backseat it will be fine unless your mom drives like me....

ok ok ppl i have hear of computers diesin in the move though and with that segate sata 80gb 7200rpm omg not my baby i dont want it to die! its just so..................... uh uh uh ...............
oooooooooooooo *blows his load over this HD*

lol no but its a good comp

i moved my comp a few weeks ago...I turned it on and nothing happened....shot circuit I think...I unplug all IDE devices and it worked again!

Back