• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to split bandwith between roommates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krm197

Registered
Currently my computer (running windows xp pro) is acting as a mini-router to the rest of my roommates. We're sharing a cable connection, and one of my roommates has a tendancy to "suck" up the bandwith for the rest of us. Is there a software solution (preferably freeware/shareware) that I could utilize to assign a bandwith quota to my 3 flat-mates?

I have a linux partition as well, and I remember hearing somewhere that there is a free method available for linux.

This is some sort of troubleshooting utility I take it? I forgot to mention that the reason why he'll suck up bandwith is due to the sheer amount of "stuff" he'll download off imesh/kazaa. I don't think the autofix will be able to do anything about that :D

This just sets a registry setting to optimize connection. I don't know of a way to split evenly. sorry You still might want to run this on your box it helped all my computers connection speeds.

Back