• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows this for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechnoNRGKid

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11169995&m=488&cat=497&scat=499

I seen this over my friends house today, and played Enemy Territory, and it made me MUST buy a monitor on my next paycheck.

That **** looked soooo sweet.

there probably are alot better displays, but im hooked on this one. He miht actualy let me buy his next week, depending on if he needs the extra money.

also, whats the difference between crt monitor, and flat screen monitor?

is flat screen the same as flat screen screens/lcd? no right?

sorry i have'nt had time to search through the forums.

You can find much better deals on a flat CRT than that. There are a lot of great monitors out there for less than $130.

that i can purchase at a local store like bestbuy?
I refuse to buy online, i cant stand waiting for my computer parts to come in the mail. especially since i dont have a credit card and have to send my money order out wich takes a few days, then wait for them to recieve it, process it, blah blah.

If you see a better deal on the bestbuy page i linked, please show me. Or anything from office depot, walmart ( lol@walmart ).

But why should i listen to someone who has 638mb's of *SD*Ram

:p

J/k
lol
Thanks for the thoughts.

To clear up the Flat Screen or LCD mess, here it is:

CRTs use Cathode Ray Tubes (hence the name) and are large in the back.

Flat SCREENs are CRTs with a Flat Glass piece on the front of the monitor, where you look overcourse.

Flat PANELS are LCD monitors, not nearly as large as CRT monitors, approx 1 inch thick, all depending on the manufacturer.

Hope that helped with that confusion!

As for purchasing a monitor from a local store, any CRT monitor will suit you, IMO, for your gaming needs. The Best Buy one looks great (even though its not the best price.) Wal-Mart should have good ones too. You may want to try to stick with known brands, as they'll be more likely to help you out if something goes wrong in the future.

Nice, good dot pitch, decent frequencies. I just hate that rolling control. Those things are aggravating if you miss an item you have to go all the way through the menu again, arghhh.

Ffats said:
To clear up the Flat Screen or LCD mess, here it is:

CRTs use Cathode Ray Tubes (hence the name) and are large in the back.

Flat SCREENs are CRTs with a Flat Glass piece on the front of the monitor, where you look overcourse.

Flat PANELS are LCD monitors, not nearly as large as CRT monitors, approx 1 inch thick, all depending on the manufacturer.

Hope that helped with that confusion!

As for purchasing a monitor from a local store, any CRT monitor will suit you, IMO, for your gaming needs. The Best Buy one looks great (even though its not the best price.) Wal-Mart should have good ones too. You may want to try to stick with known brands, as they'll be more likely to help you out if something goes wrong in the future.

Oh ok sweet. I was wondering at first, flat screen? "whats the difference from the crt monitors still?"

But then i just looked at my monitor screen and noticed how the front isn't flat like the one i seen over my friends house. This screen sort of goes sort of round. I see. Sweet!

Thanks, you deff cleared up the confusion. ::Drools alittle over flat screen:: yeah it did look really nice to see over his house. ima cry if he changes his mind and dont wanna give it to me. But he said to me and his girl that he's most likely gonna sell it to me. i cant wait to buy it in the store, so im hitting him off with a good amount of money on wich if i waited, i could get even a better monitor. but i want it now! lol

KnowlesTech said:
Nice, good dot pitch, decent frequencies. I just hate that rolling control. Those things are aggravating if you miss an item you have to go all the way through the menu again, arghhh.

Thank you, and i know the feeling of going all the way through the menu from my TV lol.

Im so excited over a freakin monitor!
*Signs of how computer addicted you have become*
:p

Back