• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

>24" CRT Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pf.Farnsworth

Well I have a P225f ViewSonic 22" (20" viewable) flat screen crt. Payed about $850 for it all in all with shipping when I got it, retails for ~$750 now so its holding up there well. And for a good reason, best monitor I have ever laid my eyes on, proffesional all the way. I love my 120MHz refresh rate :p

But you know how it is, sometimes you just want a little more. After looking around for a bit I am at a stand still.

I got excited because of the Dell 2405FPW and its Samsung counter part. The Dell 2405FPW and the Samsung both use the same Samsung PVA panel. It's contrast ratio and color reproduction is very good, but it's response time seems to be a bit slower then the next lot I pondered.

The Apple Cinema displays, and the HP L2335, both use LG Phillips Super IPS panels...which have slightly lower contrast ratios, but slightly better response times (according to most objective testing). Most people agree, I think, that the SIPS panels are slightly better, especially for gaming.

I looked today in person at the 23" and 30" Apple displays and they are very nice. I really like the 30" and it hits hard at about $3000. But I am justa bout ready to spend that much anyway. Found some good deals for about $2500. Its one of the best LCD screens I have seen yet but my CRT is still better.

At this point what is really on my mind is CRT flat screen monitors 24" and bigger. A 30" CRT might be a little a little to huge but I was wondering if there is something in the middle.

Basicaly looking for a 24" and up CRT, flat screen.

Can anyone point out anything worth considering? Just having a hard time finding them.

thanks guys :cool:

Last edited:
two more questions, what are some good 24" flat screen crt monitors ? What are the best 24" flat screen crt monitors ?

If you're looking to spend that kind of money, why buy a CRT that big? It'll take up a lot of space and will be really heavy. Why not buy an 30" LCD HD TV that you can use as a TV and a Monitor? Or maybe, get two 24" Dells or 23" HPs for a dual monitor setup? I don't think you're going to find many CRT's at the size you're looking for.

LCD TV's have horrible resolutions and look fuzzy close up.

2 monitor set up is not a good solutions because 1, you cant run SLI with 2 monitors and 2, you have the edges of the screen break your desktop in half, works ok for multi media editing but is anoying for gaming.

dont need many just need 1 :)

I like the 30" apple LCD but its still no CRT quality.

Having a hard time finding even a 24" flat screen CRT :bang head

I dont even think there is a 24inch crt. The biggest ive seen is the 22inch.
Thanks

Sony has been making a 24" for a long time now. I think one of their current offerings goes by model: Sony FW900. I have seen the old version, and it is big, and not just the screen.

As far as the Samsung display, I bought one from CompUSA, and returned it after 5 minutes of use. I literally had it back at the store within an hour of purchasing it. I am now on a 2405fpw, and it definetly is a different screen altogether.

2405fpw is a damn good screen, between it and the apple screens they have little competition right now

pricewatch.com has a few 24" monitors on there you might want to check it out

/drool

http://www.accurateit.com/details.asp?iid=99
Current price: $2499.00

same one refurbished grade A
http://www.accurateit.com/details.asp?iid=474#
Current price: $1199.00

I wonder if refurbished is bad or is it just my luck. Along time ago I bought a 20" crt screen refurbished grade (A-) or something like that but the screen had this weird bruze, not the colors or anything but the glass itself was messed up a little at one spot.

This one seems to be grade (A)

Refurbished A: Unit is fully reconditioned* by our technicians and guaranteed to operate per factory specifications. "A" stock units do not have any screen blemishes, picture imperfections, or noticeable plastic wear.

at 1k vs 2.5k I am very tempted

Back