• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's this pc 3700 memory for a canterwood/2.6GHz combo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/product.asp?0=200&1=201&3=323

hey guys, anybody tried this memory??? im planning to get an ABIT IC7 and a p4 2.6c... id be glad to settle at 3.2GHz so if my math doesnt suck heres what i should do:

13 x 247 = 3211

That would be my goal... but since this isnt that much of a quality pcb memory i really doubt it can surprass its rated 233MHz FSB frequency...

So should i roll the dice or where else can i get 512mb pc3700 for something around $120???

thnx in advance

EDIT:

Doh, that would be if i just try the 1:1 divisor, but if i try the 5:4 divisor pc3500 memory is well enough... so i guess now im after cheap and good pc3500 memory...

I found corsair and kingston 512mb pc3500 for 120-135, thats cheap enough for a premium brand with guaranteed timings...

i made my decision, just let this thread die or mods feel free to delete it, sorry about dumped bw...

Last edited:
Every stick of Hyper-X (even new egg refurb stuff) has gone
15Mhz overspec for me. I'm VERY happy with my stuff!

Corsair seems hit or miss with going overspec, but definitly hits
their rates speeds rock solid.

I'm curious about some of these other brands though like
Buffalo and Twinmos and the generic stuff you linked to.
I might try out a stick of 256MB just to see what it does.
Can't hurt (much)

i have kingston and look in my sig for timings fsb etc very happy for what this has done for me, also this is the 'value ram'

ill better get the twinmos pc3700 at memoryx.com, if my math aint mistaken, i want to get a p4 2.4c,my goal would be 3400 mhz:

3400/12=284MHz FSB...

damn this should stress the mobo since some dudes say my prospect the abit ic7 has hard time going above 275MHz fsb... so a more realistic goal would be just to set 275MHz as a goal fsb:

12*275=3300MHz

ok, so if i use a memory divider of 5:4 that leaves a memory bus of 440MHz... since ddr pc3500 is only 433 i dont wanna roll the dice and keep the chance of higher cpu frequency. I need the cheapest ddr 466 i can get so the twinmos is the one, for only 125 usd and upgreadability to dual ddr ;)

SLK900+92MM Tornado, of course im not gonna use it at full speed... so if you know of a 92x38 fan that has better performance/noise ratio than the tornado post a link where to buy it...

Ive got a 2.6C and an IC7 on the way, should be here early next week. I have 2x 256 Twinmos/Winbond BH-5 that has done 221 in my NF2 board, couldnt go higher as i believe the board hit its limit. I also have some OCZ EL DDR 3500. I will keep you up on how they both perform. Should be interesting.

PhobMX said:
ill better get the twinmos pc3700 at memoryx.com, if my math aint mistaken, i want to get a p4 2.4c,my goal would be 3400 mhz:

3400/12=284MHz FSB...

damn this should stress the mobo since some dudes say my prospect the abit ic7 has hard time going above 275MHz fsb... so a more realistic goal would be just to set 275MHz as a goal fsb:

12*275=3300MHz

ok, so if i use a memory divider of 5:4 that leaves a memory bus of 440MHz... since ddr pc3500 is only 433 i dont wanna roll the dice and keep the chance of higher cpu frequency. I need the cheapest ddr 466 i can get so the twinmos is the one, for only 125 usd and upgreadability to dual ddr ;)

I hope you are planning to run dual ddr on this board otherwise I think you might be wasting your time.
Are you going to run 2 x 512 or 2 x 256......?:)

PhobMX said:
SLK900+92MM Tornado, of course im not gonna use it at full speed... so if you know of a 92x38 fan that has better performance/noise ratio than the tornado post a link where to buy it...

you might want to check out the thermaltake smartfan IIs. I have an 8cm one on my slk-800. It gives me 74 cfm at 3400 rpm (to compare the 80x38 mm tornado puts out 83 or so cfm at full speed) and sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Or it can run pretty quiet and still put out 30-40 cfm, which is really enough most of the time. The cool thing is that the fan comes with a little knob to adjust the speed as well as a thermistor to adjust it automatically. I think they make a 92 x 25 mm one which should perform comprable to the tornado.

The Grouch said:

you might want to check out the thermaltake smartfan IIs. I have an 8cm one on my slk-800. It gives me 74 cfm at 3400 rpm (to compare the 80x38 mm tornado puts out 83 or so cfm at full speed) and sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Or it can run pretty quiet and still put out 30-40 cfm, which is really enough most of the time. The cool thing is that the fan comes with a little knob to adjust the speed as well as a thermistor to adjust it automatically. I think they make a 92 x 25 mm one which should perform comprable to the tornado.

hmmm... AFAIK the tornado's fin desing is better than the smart fan... so i would rather stick with the tornado...

damn i havfta find that thread about good ratio 92mm fans

twinmos uses winbond chips same for corsair (for those that didn't know)

OCZ uses A-date chips

Back