• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamer004

ok, i was searching hp website for my mother board and found this...

HP MOTHERBOARD

Ca i put in a new grphx card? Or can't i?

Also, do HP motherboards have anything put on them to not let me upgrade? I know that they make it so you can't OC, but i dont want to. Can i still upgrade all the parts on my computer with this motherboard from HP?

Not saying putting a high-end graphics board in an HP is a good idea due to power supply and heat concerns.

The standardized manuf. companies do a decent job at cooling so I do not think you would have any heating issues. You can upgrade anything as far as PCI, AGP cards go and HDs, CDROMs, Floppy drives etc.

Are HP computers good for gaming?

If they arn't what are good companies that arnt to expensive. My Parents wont let me buy from www.ibuypower.com because they dont think its reliable.

Well HPs are ok for gaming. HP makes Gaming specific computers that are decent. Really the only big let down is the fact that they normally ave onboard video, onboard sound and the chaper P4's. Most of them are using the 533/512 though so that isnt to bad. If you get an HP..do your research so you dont end up getting one without an AGP slot and be stuck using a PCI card or even worse onboard video.

With Hp's, when i try to customize, it doesn't show a way for me to switch motherboards. Do all HP's come with a specific Motherboard? Is there a way for me to change that?

also, you said something about HP having their own line of Gaming computers, whats that??

Well no you cannot switch motherboards. the only way to upgrade motherboards is by upgrading the model of the pc you are buying. As a note..the low end models do not have AGP slots. The gaming pcs from HP are the A550E and A550Y. They are not true gaming ssytems but are close to that of a gaming PC and HP even calls them a "gaming PC". The E uses an Athlon 64 while the Y is pentium 4 based. They offer great performance and are decent price wise. Also, dell makes a gaming PC aswell which is called the "Dimesion XPS". Dells only use Pentium CPUs though. They do not put AMD CPUs in their systems for some reason.

Back