• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

html / java issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
ok guys im doing a revamp on a friends web site and for some reason im running into a rather annoying little issue.
first let me state that i have uploaded all files contained in the project folder as contained on my hard drive and i have checked the file permissions of the .jar files to make sure they are executable.

<td height="34">Logo side A: Travis Williams "Soulmate - Travis' Runaway Remix"</td>
<td><div align="center">
<applet code="javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer" name="playerid"
width="59" height="32" archive="tinyplayer.jar,jl020.jar" id="playerid">
<param name="skin" value="skins/Digitalized" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="638182" />
<param name="autoplay" value="no" />
<param name="audioURL" value="uploads/Soulmate_-_Travis_Williams_-__Travis_W_s_Runaway_Remix_.mp3" />

<param name="scriptable" value="true" />
</applet>
</div></td>
is the code for my sample player.

this is the resulting java error

load: class javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://www.purenergyrecords.com/javazoom/jlGui/TinyPlayer.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
... 7 more
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer

on my hard drive everything is working properly. ive hit a wall on this and just cant quite figure it out.

This path doesn't actually exist on the webserver:
http://www.purenergyrecords.com/javazoom/jlGui/TinyPlayer.class

If you want to use tinyplayer on the main page:
http://www.purenergyrecords.com/home.html

Then the tinyplayer files (l020.jar, tinyplayer.jar and skins/) should exist in the same directory as home.html. If they exist in a different directory than home.html exists in (maybe they exist in "purenergyrecords.com/tinyplayer/"), then you'll want to use the codebase attribute for the applet tag.

From what I'm seeing, it doesn't know where to find the class its looking for when executed from the webserver. Ensuring the files are in the same location compared to where the HTML page is that you are embedding the player at will fix this. Or, you can change the applet code using the codebase attribute and tell the page exactly where it should look to find the class.

i have the 2 .jar files in the base directory exactly as i have it setup on my local drive.

ok a quick update, i decided to decompress the jar files and upload the contents to the host server. i can now display the players but get no output.

still messing around with it and i just cant get this working. sad as i have implemented far more complex elements for other friends in the past and have never run into such a stubborn issue. so if anyone has any sugestions or insights into this issue i would greatly appreciate it.

I'd like to try my own stab at it on my own hosting. Haven't had time lately, but when I do I'll let you know the results.

Back