• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got bad caps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well after looking around. I found a new board for 60 bucks on new egg and he decided to go that route. The bad caps board will sit for a while and i might put it together later.

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Well i got my caps in the mail on Tues and got em installed today...So far the comp has been up and running for an hour or so with no crashes....
newcapsin.jpg

nice! what was the cost for the price of the caps?

I got 20 1500uf 6.3v caps from ebay for $10.99 shipped. Only needed 10 of them, but i wanted a few extra incase i made some mistakes.

Luckily no mistakes, so i've got 10 left.

Probably could of get them cheaper, but i was a little lazy in looking for em.

Thanks...

Well it seems to be doing good. Where before it would either not boot or crash after 5-15 min, it ran for over 4 hours last night running virus and malware scanners last night without any problems.

:beer::beer:
capwork can be really rewarding :)

I was successful with one out of two cap jobs. The first one I did, I did correctly, but after a single boot, the motherboard would no longer turn on. The second one worked well after the cap replacement, and sold it on CL.

Great job on the cap replacement.

Back