• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a lot of airflow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
archilochus said:
Yes...I call those things, fan grids...They are restrictive..Removing them increases air flow and reduces noise...Some ppl's like to install wire finger guards on the rear of the case for safety reasons...I go without..it's easier to clean the fan blades...;)
Various tools can be used to remove the fan grids...I personally use right cut, green handle aviation tin snips..

No way !!!!
80mm hole saw with a 1/2 inch drill :attn: you can never turn down a chance to use power tools. :clap:

OMG I actually have a hole saw! Let'her rip boys!! I'm coming after the fan mesh!!!! RRRRRrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzp! ding

Snips = $15.00
Can cut holes of any size and shape..
120mm practice hole, for demo purposses...:D More choices of tools the better. :)

tin_snips_0006.gif
please don't quote my pic.:)

Hmmmm, you could make your system sound like some form of aircraft by adding some high CFM fans.

Sunon make some really decent fans: 92mm 120CFM and 120mm 200CFM..... You'd then just need to worry about your system taking off.....

Hey, here's an idea. Connect a UPS up to it with a few of the 200CFM fans and you've got an alternative form of transportation...... :p

Here it is, A lot of airflow. Probably one of the more insane ones you will find on this forum. Over 1000 CFM of air. Guaranteed to keep your CPU cool and everything else in the case for that matter. and works as a great space heater for the rest of the room :clap:

Pics_006.jpg

Whoa..... Kewl........

I think you should upgrade to higher CFM fans! Not enough airflow! :beer:

Electron Chaser said:
Here it is, A lot of airflow. Probably one of the more insane ones you will find on this forum. Over 1000 CFM of air. Guaranteed to keep your CPU cool and everything else in the case for that matter. and works as a great space heater for the rest of the room :clap:

Pics_006.jpg
Holy crone you got me rolling on the floor! LoL!!! Doubles as a space heater haha good one ;)

That's kinda me in a nutshell.. Insane.. just wait, give me a week or 2 and i'll be posting pics of my VORTEX haha!

archilochus said:
Snips = $15.00
Can cut holes of any size and shape..
120mm practice hole, for demo purposses...:D More choices of tools the better. :)

tin_snips_0006.gif
please don't quote my pic.:)
Sorry I couldn't help it arch. I'm DYING to know whose FOOT that is in the bottom corner? Oh and how do you get your luscious grass so green :thup:

vsalt2 said:
Holy crone you got me rolling on the floor! LoL!!! Doubles as a space heater haha good one ;)

That's kinda me in a nutshell.. Insane.. just wait, give me a week or 2 and i'll be posting pics of my VORTEX haha!

If I can be of any help send me a PM.

Dremel

A dremel bit for your standard drill works great for cutting holse into your case. Home depot has many different kinds of dremel bits that fit right into your standard cordless drill. The bits are about 5 bucks and you have alot of control when cutting the holes.

Consider cutting holes in your case under your mobo, to cool the back side of the pcb and your processors as it will help expell heat from the mosfets, processors ect.

Sunon makes some great fans for moving alot of air if your not concerned about noise. I also found one Antec 120mm fan, it's not a tornado, it's an older model but that sucker moves alot of air, I think around 108cfm.

RangerXLT8 said:
Sunon makes some great fans for moving alot of air if your not concerned about noise. I also found one Antec 120mm fan, it's not a tornado, it's an older model but that sucker moves alot of air, I think around 108cfm.

Hehe, Sunon make a 200CFM 120mm fan...... :p

Electron Chaser said:
Do you have a link where I can buy one?

The following 120x120x38mm fans from Sunon will do 200CFM:

PSD1212PMB1
PSD2412PMB1
PSD4812PMB1

They also have 180 and 160CFM models available. The 200CFM fans are 62dBa, the 180CFM fans are 59dBa and the 160CFM fans are 56dBa.

I'm not sure where you can get these. We can only seem to get the 80mm and 92mm fans from Sunon here in Australia. Thats not to bad though as Sunon have a 120CFM 92mm fan!

I can email you through Sunon's spec sheet with their entire range of fan if you like. Just email your email address through to [email protected] and leave a post here that you've done so.

I just don't think i can fit anything more than 80mm in my case. Are there any superpowered 80mm ones? I don't know if i'm up for drilling big holes (yet).

mjw21a said:
The following 120x120x38mm fans from Sunon will do 200CFM:

PSD1212PMB1
PSD2412PMB1
PSD4812PMB1

They also have 180 and 160CFM models available. The 200CFM fans are 62dBa, the 180CFM fans are 59dBa and the 160CFM fans are 56dBa.

I'm not sure where you can get these. We can only seem to get the 80mm and 92mm fans from Sunon here in Australia. Thats not to bad though as Sunon have a 120CFM 92mm fan!

I can email you through Sunon's spec sheet with their entire range of fan if you like. Just email your email address through to [email protected] and leave a post here that you've done so.

I sent you the email.

vsalt2 said:
I just don't think i can fit anything more than 80mm in my case. Are there any superpowered 80mm ones? I don't know if i'm up for drilling big holes (yet).

Sunon just don't have anything better than 84CFM with the 80mm fans unfortunately.....

Electron Chaser, I've emailed that PDF file through to you mate.....

Update, my case came in the mail...

Kinda not what I expected, it's kinda thin and flimsy.. looks like a big rectangular can of soda, could probably step on it and crush it.

Anyway, there's no spot for rear exhaust other than the PSU fan blowout. I did put a slot cooler in, i'll have to post up a pic tomorrow and show you guys what i mean. It's on the outside of the case lol.

I took it all apart and cut out the fan grille with a pair of cutters, did a pretty good job. Also, the power supply has a fan blowing directly up, but the case top blocks it completely.. So I took one of those circular hole cutters and cut a perfect sized hole in the top of the case for that to vent.

Considering how cheap this case is, I'm confident that it will be getting the airflow it needs. Thanks guys.

I'll see how this one does and if it's just not cutting it, i'll get a new case, and inspect it BEFORE I buy it, and not just order some nice looking cheapo online.

/Lesson learned

Back