• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm I high on XTC or FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JordanBolduc

Registered
I recently read the article by Emericana on Overclocking. In it stated that the default FSB was 133MHz. He also implieded that a 200MHz FSB would be an excellent overclock. When I atempted to increase my FSB I noticed that an unchangable informing text say exactly the following " Curent FSB Frequency 200 MHz" under it was a changable option titled " DRAM Clock ". It was set in the position [By SPD] or by speed. Upon pressing enter with this changable option was the following choices " 100Mhz ; 133MHz ; 166 MHz ; By SPD ; ". My memory is 128 MB of 2100 RAM. Is this an amazing mess up? Is it really at 200MHz? There is nothing else that seems to tell or change the FSB. Please help, or inform. I appriciete it.:)

Probably a realy bad mess up. My mobo allows changes to that already, but i doubt ur getting 200, and dont know why it enabled that option.

Well, the FSB to amd processors transfers data twice per clock cycle. You default FSB is 100MHz. Or 200 "effective" MHZ. The 200 FSB in the article you read would display as 400.

I was thinking about that,and of course your write. One more thing , though. I looked in the manual and it said that I could change the FSB 1MHz a time under Frequencey and Voltage. The only thing that was under there that could be change 1MHz a time was named CPU Clock. It goes from 100 to 200. Is this it?

Back