• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Installing Cold Cathodes in a Corsair 600t case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

I want to add some Blue cold cathodes to my new build to match my design, but not shure on the voltage or which way to wire then up????

Just by them from a PC store. Cathodes don't run on direct current (the kind of electricity in your PC), they run on AC (the kind of electricity in your wall). Cathodes from a computer store will come with a small DC to AC inverter that plugs into a molex connector and gives just enough power for two cathodes.

That being said, LED strips are usually brighter and easierr to mount, and don't require an inverter.

it was simple to mount y cold cathode, It was just 2 little velcro strips to hold the 12" tube and another small velcro strip to hold the inverter, It plugs into a Molex just like a fan would.

Thanks knufire and Metlcub, the story goes like this, had some cold cathodes from a PC store fitted them, then the corsair Psu shut down, take off the wires, ok again. Got it wired up on a Molex like you said, but i think i am going to try the LED'S INSTEAD. Ok for now thanks for the post and replys cu soon. Philip.

Cathodes have gone the way of the 775 socket IMO
Fine if youre stuck with them, but if youre buying today, get LEDs mate

:thup:Many Thanks for the reply jeckulz thier on the way those LED'S hope they will arrive today.

Back