• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ipod Updater not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angelslayer

I've been trying to restore my Ipod after the latest Apple updater decided to completely bork it. It show the folder/exclamation icon when you switch it on.

I've followed the Apple site's instructions on doing the reset and disk mode, but nothing is working.

I can't even format it in Windows explorer so I can rebuild it from there, it gets to the last block (in the explorer window) and then disconnects itself and then fails there aswell.

It's a generation 4 click wheel

Any ideas, or should I just mail apple and get them to fix it as it is still in warranty?

Thanks

Looks like I gonna have to send it back. Thing is I wanted it for next week as I am going away and wanted some tunes with me.

Any ideas how long Apple take to do their repairs?

Well, you'll have to ship it off then they'll get it and fix it or send you a refurb so you can figure at least a week in shipping and receiving. If it were me, since it is such a new one I'd find a generic store like a Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target or whatever and buy a new one and return that one as defective.

theMonster said:
Well, you'll have to ship it off then they'll get it and fix it or send you a refurb so you can figure at least a week in shipping and receiving. If it were me, since it is such a new one I'd find a generic store like a Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target or whatever and buy a new one and return that one as defective.

Would work apart from the fact that mine is already registered... and I'm in England.

Anyway I managed to sorted it, use the USB cable instead of the firewire and it actually works, only bummer is I now have to put all my music back on the ipod.

It may just have been my audigy firewire output, but the same happened when I plugged it into a brand new firewire PCI card.

Thanks

Back