• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 52c too hot? 1400 AMD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rerunn

I have a AMD 1400 that runs at around 48c with normal operation and 51c with quake 3. It never goes over 51c, since I put some thermal paste on the thing. The case temp is around 35c to 38c, running one fan sucking in on front and two out in back.
Is this an acceptable temp? I am doing no OC and do not plan too.
Using coolmaster HS, with HS fan blowing away.

I think it a bit too hot for an AMD. I think the optimum temperature is in the 40's. Try reversing the fan on your heatsink and reapplying the thermal compund to see if that helps your temps. You may also try investing in Arctic Silver II

Those cpu temps are pretty high, and I suspect the reason is that your case temps are quite high and your HS is barely adequate.

I'd address those issues if I was you, but I don't think you'll damage the cpu at 51C, and if your system is stable I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Did you remove the thermal pad ?
You also might wanna add another fan sucking in. cuz if I'm right you have 3 fans that suck air out (1 in PSU).?

rerunn (Jul 11, 2001 10:26 a.m.):
I have a AMD 1400 that runs at around 48c with normal operation and 51c with quake 3. It never goes over 51c, since I put some thermal paste on the thing. The case temp is around 35c to 38c, running one fan sucking in on front and two out in back.
Is this an acceptable temp? I am doing no OC and do not plan too.
Using coolmaster HS, with HS fan blowing away.

52C is a little much. I'd get a better HSF like one of the Globalwin copper units. That shouls suffice if you don't plan to OC.

Back