• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my amd a rip off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The dfi infinity has gone up to 272 ;)

Course, the soyo dragon isnt even in the same league as the infinity.

Hey Soyo makes good stuff or decent stuff but even the best stuff will crack and die in the hands of someone new to the scene.

Poor guy should have read the stickies on the AMD forum first. Anyway setting to 166 on a KT333 should be no problem if it has the 1/5 divider.

Last edited:
Quailane said:
NEWB ALERT!

Your motherboard is not meant for 166 Mhz FSB I think. I thought that the kt333 could use ram at 166, but didn't have a pci divider past 133Mhz.

*EDIT*

Yes, to answer your first question, you were ripped off.

"NEWB ALERT!"

You might want to eat your words.

KT333MBs have 1/5 Dividers and were designed to run at 166mhz.

Where in that post did he say 150 USD? If it CAD thats not bad. YOu might in the future want to qualify your answers before responiding in the manner you did.

From my personal experience and my friends, the kt333 series never had dividers, the kt400's did, this is with an msi and soyo dragon, they never promised true 166 support on the FSB only with the memory which really didn't benefit much. We used to wait each day hoping they would come otu with a bios upgrade which they eventually did for my MSI, not sure about the Soyo as it was long gone by then but i don't remember them ever getting it. As for my MSI i remember i simply had to set my fsb to 166 and it was suppose to auto lock or something like that.

MSI KT3Ultra2-R (KT333 Chipset w/ 8235 SB) has a 1/5 divider ands does 180-FSBs without much problem. Most via boards have dividers, because they aren't PCI-locked and the FSB runs faster than 33MHz. But, origionally they did only promise support for PC2700 ram, not for 166MHz FSB, but the chipset does support the divider, whether or not it got implimented was up to the board designer.

"NEWB ALERT!"

You might want to eat your words.

KT333MBs have 1/5 Dividers and were designed to run at 166mhz.

Where in that post did he say 150 USD? If it CAD thats not bad. YOu might in the future want to qualify your answers before responiding in the manner you did.

You had better eat your words pmsfishy. Who living in texas uses canadian dollars?

Also, if you check the soyo website, that board only has 266 FSB!

then he needs a nf7-s mobo and pc3200 ram to get his cpu to its full potentional. Heck he can easily set the fsb to 200 or more and overclock the cpu to 2GHz or more. with his mobo now, hes running way underclocked

wth???? he jsut spent sum money(why are u guys telling him to chuck it already....) come on stop making comments that arent helping him................but besides that setting the divider to 1/5 and fsb to 166 should do the trick did i mention u need to set the correct voltage too??? ......i have a abit kx7-333-r too and yes it has dividers and i went past 170fsb on it.... with pc-2700 ram..good luck getting the thing to work :D and have fun

Back