• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After a many year hiatus, folding_monkeys is back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the garynator

Chief folding_monkey
Sad to see folding popularity has dropped off so much, but after many years, my friend Keeperofthebutch (one of the original 3 founding members of folding_monkeys) and I are back folding for T32. We're currently on par to hit 8th or 9th on T32 top producers once our daily average catches up and have plans on adding more GPUs to T32 over the next year. Crazy to see how points have inflated over the years. We over doubled our old points in like 30 days with only a 4070 mobile folding lol.
1715187660063.png

Last edited:
Yup, should be increasing output by a significant margin by tomorrow morning!
Post magically merged:

I was wondering who was folding under that name. You guys have done a very good job bringing the user name back. Well done.
Thanks! Kinda crazy to think that Keeperofthebutch, a friend of ours, and I started this user over 20yrs ago when we were still in high school!

Sad to see folding popularity has dropped off so much, but after many years, my friend Keeperofthebutch (one of the original 3 founding members of folding_monkeys) and I are back folding for T32. We're currently on par to hit 8th or 9th on T32 top producers once our daily average catches up and have plans on adding more GPUs to T32 over the next year. Crazy to see how points have inflated over the years. We over doubled our old points in like 30 days with only a 4070 mobile folding lol.
View attachment 366615
Hell just froze over.:attn:

The only way I could be more shocked by a past monkey showing up is if Niksub or ChasR posted.(Also TollhouseFrank but it took me a while to remember his name.)

the Garynator was 33 in Spotlights. Unfortunately actual spotlights seem to be lost to antiquity. :unsure: :cry:

Some of the later ones still link...

Welcome the heck back.:grouphug::cheers::cheers:

I'm buying.:beer:
Post magically merged:

I was wondering who was folding under that name. You guys have done a very good job bringing the user name back. Well done.
Yeah I thought it was HayesK .:chair:

Last edited:

The only way I could be more shocked by a past monkey showing up is if Niksub or ChasR posted.

Welcome the heck back.:grouphug::cheers::cheers:

I'm buying.:beer:
Post magically merged:

Yeah I thought it was HayesK .:chair:
Thanks! It's been way too long. Glad to still see some familiar faces are still in the fold! I wonder where sno.lcn is hiding out these days, he was a very early and probably longest member of the monkeys, even took over when I went on hiatus.

The only way I could be more shocked by a past monkey showing up is if Niksub or ChasR posted.(Also TollhouseFrank but it took me a while to remember his name.)

the Garynator was 33 in Spotlights. Unfortunately actual spotlights seem to be lost to antiquity. :unsure: :cry:

Some of the later ones still link...

Holy cow, I totally forgot about the spotlights. That's unfortunate that they are lost 😭

You are going to pass me but today I am getting my 2080 TI. I then have a 1080 TI SC2 & the 2080 TI also. :clap:
Heck yeah! Might wanna grab some more cards though, my server has a current gen video card in it for the first time as of today thanks to Keeperofthebutch. I never upgraded the vid card when I built this as I dont really game anymore, so was running one of my old gtx 970s until today (didn't even put the second in due to needing 2 x8 slots for my raid cards lol). Points are starting to roll in 😁
1715326268444.png

Last edited:
Heck yeah! Might wanna grab some more cards though, my server has a current gen video card in it for the first time as of today thanks to BubbaTheHut. I never upgraded the vid card when I built this as I dont really game anymore, so was running one of my old gtx 970s until today (didn't even put the second in due to needing 2 x8 slots for my raid cards lol). Points are starting to roll in 😁
View attachment 366633
I wish I could get another rig up for F@H but hay folding is folding. Fold On.:)(y)

Back