• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a log to check why my pc restarted last night. Running vista ultimate 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perithimus

Is there a log to check why my pc restarted last night. Running vista ultimate 32

I decided to run prime95 for an overnight run but when I woke up this morning my computer had restarted. I check the log for prime95 thinking it might have errored out but it showed no errors in the log. I checked the event viewer but didn't see anything there either unless I am looking at the wrong area of it. Just wondering how to check if maybe it was an update or something. And also you know when windows gets errors it restarts? How do I shut that off in Vista? Thanks.

It probably crashed...if there are no errors, the computer didn't throw one; it just restarted. What were you testing in Orthos (small, blend, large?).

just a blend torture test. I just wanted to retest the overclock quickly with a short run. It ran for 5 hours from what I can tell in the prime 95 logs. My overclock is 24 hour rock stable in xp though.

just a blend torture test. I just wanted to retest the overclock quickly with a short run. It ran for 5 hours from what I can tell in the prime 95 logs. My overclock is 24 hour rock stable in xp though.
Run memtest then ;)

Or, you need to watch it this time.

yeah I can do that. I just ran it recently for 12 hours with no problems though. I think maybe I should turn off windows update as well when I run prime95 today. Do you know how to turn off when windows restarts if there is an error?

Do you know how to turn off when windows restarts if there is an error?
See, that is the thing. It restarted with no error. The computer just simply locked and the motherboard threw the whole computer through a restart. Windows had no idea what happened ;)

See, that is the thing. It restarted with no error. The computer just simply locked and the motherboard threw the whole computer through a restart. Windows had no idea what happened ;)

Yeah I know. I am talking about for the future if I do get a windows error.

Cool. I will just run prime today and keep an eye on it every now and then. I always have my xbox to keep me occupied. Still odd though because my overclock was rock stable in XP. I ran memtest for 12+ hours and prime for 24+ hours no errors.

Got it figured out. Upgraded the bios and changed a few settings in bios and now at 12 hours prime stable with my overclock in vista now.

Back