• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this an ok waterblock design?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea i dont think that would be the best design... because it would be huge and wouldnt give you the performance i think... maby a small v-tuned block woudl be better

maskedgek, check the link I put before and again here: http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2183 I did test Cu and Al version of the block. Both the Cu and Al have 6mm base thickness so the only difference is in material, the other Al spiral has 2.5mm base.

ed8150, I designed that block with ProE and my friend made it on proffesional Cincinatti Arrow cnc mill, and it took long time 3h for Cu version and 1h for Al. Your idea about the block isn't too bad, just has to be made from one piece of Cu (base and the fins), if you can make it try it. I made so many blocks just experimenting different desings, that just fun for me.

i also enjoy designing them for fun. i was going to get pieces of copper and solder them together because i dont know anyone with a professional mill. i would love it if i was free to design and test my blocks without having to make them:p i would be intrested in conversing with you about this as i think we might be able to think up some innovative ideas. my aim is ed8150, msn is [email protected], icq is 157158040

No, prob. msm [email protected] .Where are you from? (timezones) . And you don't need pro mill to make block, I use lathe (x,y positions) and vertical drill, with milling bits. That way you can basicaly make everything with a little feeling, I'm also planning on making my own desktop cnc mill. I'll be gone from my comp until 1 of May and after that we can chat. Btw I have some great ideas with one inlet two outlet (but only one connection for tube), but that only on paper for now will put it in ProE model form, and next Cu :D

Pro Engineer , proffesional cad/cam 3d modeling software, note the cam -> I can get g-code for cnc mill from complex 3d model. Great progy.

maybe this will work beter more surface at the center but just be shure that it has 45c angel's on it
and btw its hard to get sharp corners whit a round mill
but good luck

Back