• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this enough power??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
should be fine but might want to go for a 600watt to be safe for your overclocking.

My personal opinion for overclocking 600W min, but it also depends on your system and its requirements. I also like to plan my build for a couple years down the road so I suggest 700W+.

Maybe, but maybe not. One thing you never want to do is overload a PSU. It's not good for the PSU and generally when doing this the quality of the power uoutput to components is not good, potentially damaging them, and certainly causing stability issues. It's always good to give yourself a little leeway.

I agree. 500w for that system is cutting it quite close. You might be able to get away with running stock speed with it, but once you start overclocking you're going to push that psu to it's limits.

550W is the minimal you want to look at for overclocking. More is better when you overclock the video card so go with a 600 or 650W unit. It doesn't cost that much more anyway.

I'm with Bobnova 100% on this one. None of the parts are particularly high power, and he's not using running SLI or Crossfire. A quality 500W PSU would be more than enough to handle stock speeds, and should have enough headroom to support a bit of OCing as well. Nothing crazy, but it shouldn't be a squeeze either.

JigPu

I'd probably go with a 550 myself. Having said that, I'll defer to Bobnova in almost anything PSU related. He knows more about them.

Back