• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this XP 2600+ a keeper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raillex

Registered
I recently bought a 266FSB XP 2600+ with an AIUHB 0320VPMW stepping to replace a 1.4 GHz T-Bird in my Epox 8K7A rig and was wondering whether it is performing up to snuff. The most I've been able to stably wring out of it to date is 2.36 GHz (17 X 139) at 1.9 vcore. The chip will boot into Windows at 2.39 GHz with max vcore but will not run stably at that speed. Trying to boot at anything higher results in a Windows protection error and BSOD.

Should I be satisfied with this O/C? The 2500+ Barton in my other rig will run circles around it but that probably isn't a very fair comparison.

You have a Thoroughbred B 2600+, not a Barton.

The average is 2.3 GHz and you got 2.4 GHz out of it.

P.S. Why don't you lower the multi and hit it with higher FSB?

I have an AQXEA 0330VPMW Barton in my Asus rig (see signature). I put the Tbred 2600 in my old Epox rig and used the socket wire trick to get the multi up to 17.

I'd love to drop the multi and raise my FSB to the 200 range but 8K7A's only come with a 1/4 PCI divisor. Bumping the FSB to 200 would raise my PCI bus from 33 to 50 MHz and fry every component I have.

Back