• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 good board ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarett

Registered
was wondering what you all thought about this board. gripes praises ? let me know thanks

works nicely. it has the mem dividors you need and the mem voltage you need. without the pin trick it goes to 1.7 volts(1.65 actual) vcore and with the pin mod it goes to 1.85. other than that the chipset is the best and it works well. id definatly recomend it to anyone willing to give up the ports

It does seem to have everything you would need , except PS2 ports. Only great experiences with this board - highly recommended.

LOVE IT!!!

Best board i ever owned, RMAD a SOYO P4X400 Dragon Ultra -> right the hell back to Taiwan !!! or wherever it was made.

NICE NICE MOBO the IT7.

Set my brother up with one - liked it so much I got one myself.

One minor problem, no legacy ports. If you can handle that, get it!

steve

this mobo is good.......provided that u dont have a cold problem with it........i used to have cold boot problem.......upgrade the latest bios.......and remove the ram but still got the problem........and one day........i dont know somehow........the problem disappeared...........strange.......so at the moment,quite happy with this mobo

i would not recommend it as i'm having tons of problem w/ it. i got bsod while installing a fresh copy of xp. MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR, IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN.....etc.. you name it. sometimes i get error while using IE and the error code is, " memory could not be read" ..wtf is wrong w/ this board?

Hey CHOOCH!

Downclock your CPU and vid card a bit and you might get it running stable, i did and it works great.

Kam

auky said:
i would not recommend it as i'm having tons of problem w/ it. i got bsod while installing a fresh copy of xp. MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR, IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN.....etc.. you name it. sometimes i get error while using IE and the error code is, " memory could not be read" ..wtf is wrong w/ this board?

This is your problem with you computer right now.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is you video card. Either you need to update the drivers or don't push it to hard with overclocking it. I know my card gets quite warm but put a fan on that and nice and cool. (Just threw it over the top of the card right on the heat sink)

PAGE_FAULT_IN error is to deal with your memory. Either your pushing your memory to far (which is in most cases with this) or your CPU is just getting pushed to hard. Slow it down.

MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR error deals with CPU speeds if not mistaken. It misinturpets commands and bam you get this anoying error.

I would recommend using prime95 to test machine stablitity. You might just be pushing it to hard. I know I can get my CPU up to 2.66 and it kicks a normal 2.66 out of the water but right now i have mine at 2.58 I think (switch it so much) and it still competes with a 2.66 at this speed in sandra. Take it down to a lower level for a bit, but keep same voltage. Then try cranking that baby back up. You might beable to go faster with your settings this way or might beable to run lower voltages.

Oh yea I would recommend this motherboard. Just update to the latest bios and you should have no problem at all. I love having no legacy ports eliminates problems. :)

deathman20 said:

This is your problem with you computer right now.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is you video card. Either you need to update the drivers or don't push it to hard with overclocking it. I know my card gets quite warm but put a fan on that and nice and cool. (Just threw it over the top of the card right on the heat sink)

PAGE_FAULT_IN error is to deal with your memory. Either your pushing your memory to far (which is in most cases with this) or your CPU is just getting pushed to hard. Slow it down.

MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR error deals with CPU speeds if not mistaken. It misinturpets commands and bam you get this anoying error.

I would recommend using prime95 to test machine stablitity. You might just be pushing it to hard. I know I can get my CPU up to 2.66 and it kicks a normal 2.66 out of the water but right now i have mine at 2.58 I think (switch it so much) and it still competes with a 2.66 at this speed in sandra. Take it down to a lower level for a bit, but keep same voltage. Then try cranking that baby back up. You might beable to go faster with your settings this way or might beable to run lower voltages.

Oh yea I would recommend this motherboard. Just update to the latest bios and you should have no problem at all. I love having no legacy ports eliminates problems. :)

actually i'm having all those problems in default speed, default voltage, everything default.

auky said:

actually i'm having all those problems in default speed, default voltage, everything default.

Same problems I was having before I switched Power Supply's.

Sparkle 350w FSP-350BN solved my problems.

Check your voltages on the +12, +5, +3.3, +1.5 and let us know.

Well maybe the worst case is that your CPU is bad now. If you can barrow someone else that you might know try it or bring your over to there place and try it in their machine. Since you run at those voltages you might of killed your CPU since the maximum recommended is 1.75 acording to intel.

Hope everything turns out for the best.

Does the new ABIT IT7MAX 2 /XP worth the money?? and how much it cost now??

Getting a new DIY PC soon
Merry Christmas ! HO HO HO :)

Back