• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's a "Help me pick a case" thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

I'm looking for a case that is big enough to hold all my components and still have room left over. I hate a tight case. I'd like to beable to get to everything without remove stuff. I want good airflow with 120mm fans. Removeable try is also nice but its not something that it has to have. I'd like to have a 120mm fan in the window to blow in fresh cold air over the HSF but a 90mm would be ok aswell. The main thing I want is really good air flow with alot of space. If it has room for a future WC setup that would be nice but I'm not sure I'm going that way yet so that is only a small desire.

I've looked at the Thermaltake case's and they are nice but I'm not sure yet as to what one or what others are out there. I've looked around a bit and just dont know whats a good case and what isn't. I don't mind putting better fans in if needed. Just want to keep temps down and have alot of room in there. It looks more neat.

Links are fine and The price range would need to be between $100-$200.

TIA, I know you guys know what I'm looking for.

Antec p180 is technically a midtower. Its not as roomy as the others. Don't forget Lian Li, the v2000 is also a great case, but pricey

nzxt nemisis is doing the job for me, the elite version is very good for $130

elite has lcd for fan regualtion and 3 120mm fans

the normal one is $70 and has two 120mm fans with no lcd.

they also look pretty kickass

I say go with the Coolermaster Stacker. It has lots of room, looks great, and has GREAT airflow potential. You really cannot go wrong with it.

The only con is that it's rather heavy but you can slap on the casters that are provided with it to make moving it a breeze (even on carpet).

I have my case on a "mini" desk next to my main desk so I don't need casters. And I'm not really moveing it alot so the weight isn't a real big concern. I don't want to go over $200 and I am not into the Lian Li as those are the ones that install on the oposite side of the case and are way wrong for heat flow. Heat rises and the PSU is on bottom and the heat will just rise up into the rest of the components and that is not what I'm looking for. Plus they just look plain. The nzxt nemisis is ugly to me. I don't like the big shield thing on the front. I liek the stacker and the armour. Just not crazy about the price of the stacker and the armour has no side panel fan.

I went with the stacker 830. I got it from Jivetrky and its suppose to be here tuesday. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get it all setup. Thanks guys.

Well I already got the stacker and all I got to say is it is sweet. Its huge and has alot of room. I love the removable mobo tray as it slides out very easy. The 4 120mm fans on the side are just great. It is very very heavy after all my stuff is in it. I'd say atleast 50 lbs. But it will sit where its at for a while so I'm not that worried. The only thing I can see I would want is one more HDD cage. I have alot of HDD's. Other than that I'm happy so far with the case

Back