• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge 3770 (non K) Help on a gigabyte z77x up5 th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoulRevenant

Registered
This should be simple for someone smarter then me....
I have been reading info on getting my locked 3770 to around 4.1ghz I loaded optimal settings in bios and no matter how many post and others i read i cannot figure out why my Vcore is ALWAYS maxxed out....
Any help would be greatly appriated the only way i can get my vcore down and temps is to leave optimal with NO turbo boost at 3.3.....
I have a H100I and with the vcore at 1.272 im at 90'c and feel very unsafe....
I plan to overclock my Aio 2070 super later if i can figure it out and have pretty basic knowledge on this bios now.... but im severally bottleneck by my cpu atm at stock 3.3
I'll be here to answer any questions and hope to figure this out tonight! Thanks in advance.
help.png

I'm reading on another site it could be bios issue on the MB not saving some OC setting... I'm going to attempt downgrading and see where it gets me.

I Figured out my issue somehow my bios got corrupted, If you are reading this and have any type of issue where your Bios doesnt update or keeps old setting i HIGHLY recommend this form linked below with modified Bios files that are up to date and working for most people!
fixed .JPG
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html?highlight=GA-Z77X-UP5+TH

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I have a solid 4.1ghz on 4 cores and on non demanding task 4.3 ghz on 2 core 4.2 on 1 and 4.1 on the last, and all at under 80'c Blck 1.092 MAX and 100.08 Mhz Bus or Core clock. If i decide to push this chip to a higher clock i'll post an update here. My 3570k got to 5.0 no issue under 90'c so i might try beating that since i got the chip for 10 dollars!! xD Anyways, Message me if you need any help with this Motherboard or Chip.
Have a good day everyone!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Untitled.png
This was in 2012 when i first learned to overclock on this website. I gioe the community is still strong!

Another quick thing to anyone who is overclocking this board. If you raise your Blck to high or voltage it will temp corrupt your bios, you will HAVE to remove you gpu and use the onboard graphics to get your bios setting back. It is the only way you can get into bios or boot into windows since the gpu bugs with the revision 1 firmware. :) 4.4 is the absolute max this cpu can go stable with a 100.08 blk any higher will corrupt and could cause more damage if you aren't careful. Just set you'r Core clock to 100mhz not auto and you will achieve this no problem.

Last edited:
I just know the first time i had it happen Ocing i thought i friend my board and hopefully if someone googles similar stuff in future they will see this post!

Back