• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JavaScript

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

How do I enable JavaScript in Earthlink 5.0? Or should I use IE? I' d rather keep Earthlink but I can' t access some sites including Hotmail.

I've never used Earthlink's proprietary browser, but here's a suggestion - many times the controls to enable and disable JavaScript are part of the security settings for the browser. I'd go looking around in the security settings, perhaps "loosening them up" a bit, and then test again.

If all else fails, then IE is a good choice - or Opera. I believe the default security settings on both allow JavaScript.

good luck,
Adovbs

just use IE5 or Opera, they both use javascript default. Actually, Opera is better cause its default settings always warn you if anything is suspicious(wierd cookies, javascript reading passswords, etc.).

I thought no one was going to reply.:) Anyways, it fixed itself or something because I don't get those messaged anymore. I can now get my mail. I didn't think Hotmail does anything to be suspicious about.

Back