• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just built my first Chrome OS machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah, they are the future. I was around before cable TV, cell phones, Intel and AMD, even Pong! . All this stuff is new and neat for me. It's only been recently that Moore's Law became defunct. A lot of older generations still see owning all this computing power as an amazing achievement of science. Then we have the coming generations who grew up with it all, it was always there like TV, airplanes and taxes for us. They're not as impressed because they don't know what it was like in the Dark Before Times. Phones had dials fer Chrissakes! And cords! In 20 years they'll look at our rigs and say "Wow! That was pretty cool-back in the day". And when they say that to you guys that are in your 30s now, you'll officially be "old". He he he. So if I'm not around then, welcome to my world. :rofl:
This is so true Alaric. I have a 15 yr old as well as 5 18-23 yr olds working for me. We have conversations at times about how things are and they way they "were". They definitely are taken back sometimes when I say well that didn't exist when I was 18. Not to go completely off track this is about the Chome Os and Mr T thanks for this thread. I will have to try this out myself on one of my setups.

"not sure why you don't want to have everything on the device"
Because the less tech savvy you are, the better off you are not left to your own devices, as it were. And yes I would also recommend it for my mother among too many others I know.

Back