• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just downloaded Slack 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To the best of my knowledge, Slackware is as different from Mandrake as night and day. Slackware is known as the "real man's" Linux, and "the Linux that people who really want to learn the nuts and bolts of Linux run." AFAIK, Slackware demands that you do everything the hard way. So much so, that you use the CLI a lot more than GUI.

As I'm not enough of a "real man," I can't tell you if all of the above is true. I've never tried Slackware! Red Hat, Caldera, Mandrake and SuSE, but not Slackware.

Does that mean I'm turning into a "real man"??? LOL!! I just had to see what linux ran like, and downloaded a tiny linux distro (designed to boot of a floppy tiny). I personaly like the CLI! Kinda reminicant of DOS, only I don't know all the commands :D . If only I had enough money or modem to buy/downlad "beginers" linux distro like mandrake....

Back