• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just lookin for a second opinion...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
My dually has been restarting itself sometimes (when I've not been on the computer). Just noticed my voltages are as follows:

RAM Voltage - 2.5v
3.3v is at 3.14v
5v is at 4.65v
12v is at 12.10v

Now the 5v being at 4.65 makes me very worried... what is the minimum I can get away with to avoid PSU related issues? I have quite a loaded system here - 2 CPUs, 2 sticks RAM, 2 hard disks, 2 cdrom drives, GeF4 video card, all on a no-name 500W (I think) PSU.

That 5v is awful low. it should not go below 4.75 to remain inside of the 5% -+ spec of your motherboard. I would reccomend a new psu. Do you have another psu laying about you can test this theory with? Also I believe the older xp cpu's got thier power from the 5v rail so that could be why yuors is so low.

Tismedt said:
That 5v is awful low. it should not go below 4.75 to remain inside of the 5% -+ spec of your motherboard. I would reccomend a new psu. Do you have another psu laying about you can test this theory with? Also I believe the older xp cpu's got thier power from the 5v rail so that could be why yuors is so low.

The only other PSU I have knocking about is a POS 300W which hasn't been used for over a year... heh

Back