• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just started foldin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Last_Don

Registered
I just started installed F@H on all my machines as The_Last_Don.......so far,

1ghz Pent.
133mhz pent.
875mhz pent.
2000+xp
all running 24/7

adding a new rig with amd 2500+ in april, and it'll be committed to F@H as well.

Couple quick questions though,
-- first what's the process called in task manager?

-- I'm behind a firewall, are there any ports that need opened for it.

-- what are some good monitors to keep an eye on progress?

Thanks alot, and thanks to everyone who's making their contribution to this cause.

Groovey! There will be a process called FAH4Console.exe, which makes the log and basic stuff. Then there's the core FahCore_78.exe (or FahCore_ca.exe for tinker folding). This is what does the actually work. The 78 core is the one that should be running most often.

Most people use Electron Microscope IIII (EMIII). The octeam's download for it has been down for a couple days. Maybe they'll get it back up soon.

I just did wedo's one-click install to install it as service per the instructions, but I don't see any service or processes running for it.......

do i need to go into the FAH folder and manually start it the first time, restart the computer or anything

Thx guys, reboot and all's well in the neighborhood. Figured it was something stupidly simple.

Wedo should put that line in his directions, instead of

"click on exe and your folding"

Big props to him though for the simple install package.

Back