• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wanted to say hello.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PenguinsPal

Since I had a few PC's that either refused to DL new Rosetta WUs and have GPUs sitting idle, I thought I would go ahead and volunteer them to the OCF SETI Team. Guess that means I'll be around for awhile.:cool:

Since I had a few PC's that either refused to DL new Rosetta WUs and have GPUs sitting idle, I thought I would go ahead and volunteer them to the OCF SETI Team. Guess that means I'll be around for awhile.:cool:

:welcome: to the team, mate :) Sadly, now isn't the best time to be getting work from SETI, as it's currently undergoing the weekly 3-day data outage (Tuesday-Friday) :( Having said that, I did just see a couple of tapes being split on the server status page, so if you're lucky, you might be able to pick up 40 or so WU to tide you over until maintenance is over where you can fill up your cache :)

If you do plan on staying with SETI in the long-run, might I suggest a 4-5day cache? I found that my 3.5 day cache on my i7-960+GTX216 didn't quite last this outage, and I ran out of work yesterday... So I'm crunching Rosetta in the meantime :p

Anyway, if you need a hand with anything, just let us know :)

EDIT: Take that back - there seems to be a good 30,000+ WU ready to send, and a quick calculation shows there's ~570,000 WU ready to be split.. so.. Go nuts! :D

Last edited:
Sad to hear Rosetta is still having problems again but always happy to see a new face over here! :)

PS
Many of us set SETI to run 90%, or even 99%, and some other BOINC project to run the remaining time. If you do that, and your main project runs out of work, BOINC will switch over automatically.

Ahh :) Just wondering - I was curious as to why we were getting such old WU.. When we look at the timeline of BOINC, the September 2006 tapes are only about 4months old when taking into account that S@H Enhanced started in May 2006 :)

Nah, just a couple old ones, a 8600GS and 9800GTX+...
I do have a HD6870, but doesn't seem to be any projects that use them ....lol

6870 can be used by seti. :D

And so can the 9800GTX and 8600GS With All 3 you could gain close to 20,000 RAC i would think. The 6000's Series ATI are flaky ATM on seti. But if a 5850 Can get 12000 Rac then I would think a 6870 would do better.

Just a question, I am getting 4900RAC from a 9800GTX+ but only 1000RAC from a 8600GT. Should I be getting more out of that 8600??

Back